• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 transmission source?

i would lay out the coin for new, sticks get beat to death and now they are 25 years old

As long as the gears are in good shape, the synchros are the wear items. If the gears are damaged, the T5 probably will be a mess when you test the gears before purchase. Homeboy would have had to miss shifts badly.

Luckily you can buy good used or new parts for anything that shows wear on a T5.

Lets say all in maybe 400parts+core T5 in a quality home rebuild where you are 1200-1500(?) for new. Depends on a persons budget and how greasy they want to get.

BUT for 1000+ I'm going TKO or T56/TR6060/Nissan 6 speed etc. I mean keep it real, the joy of the T5 is the price point and availability.

Since the CD009 came on the scene, there's really no point in buying a new T5 as they are the same price new, unless you really like the T5 for some reason.

The T5 is easier to fit into the car (at least on a 240).

The CD009 takes some bashing in the tunnel, plus a $500 shifter. The T5 fits in fine with no sheetmetal bashing, and you could use the stock shifter if you wanted.

WIthout driving mine yet, so my opinion is still optimistic, I'm hoping the CD009 shifts better and it should hold a lot more power.

That's why everyone is jumping on the cd009 bandwagon. Supposed to be cheap and indestructible. I couldn't find a used one within a 6 hour drive, and they were all $1000+. That and if it breaks, no parts are available, only new ones at $1800. :roll: So I went in on a T5. Figure if it breaks parts are easily available and the average joe can rebuild one without Nasa level knowledge and tools.

That's why everyone is jumping on the cd009 bandwagon. Supposed to be cheap and indestructible. I couldn't find a used one within a 6 hour drive, and they were all $1000+. That and if it breaks, no parts are available, only new ones at $1800. :roll: So I went in on a T5. Figure if it breaks parts are easily available and the average joe can rebuild one without Nasa level knowledge and tools.

QFT:cheers:

After reading everyone's story I feel lucky. $400 off of CL from a bro in San Jose. Had to buy my shifter and shims from 5speeds, Dale's adapter, RSI flywheel and clutch, jeez it has been forever. Bottom line. I did not rebuild, nor was it sold as rebuilt and it is still doing fine, but then again it is not behind any power. Stock NA FTW.

oh last night Mike Forte of Forte's parts connection commented on my wanted post on a local mustang parts group (facebook). Said he has plenty of new transmissions in stock.

New TKO's are now $2595.00
New T-5 is $1895.00.
New T-56 Magnum $3195.00
I have plenty of new Transmissions and all related parts.

If you aren't familiar with Forte's

http://fortesparts.com/

Back