• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Turbo JY Injectors

Complete Flow Test and Cleaning.............................$18.00 per injector + actual return shipping.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html

$72 plus shipping plus the cost of the JY injectors.

vs. $225 shipped for new injectors.

A new set of 440cc`s from oside tiger is $150.

I bought a set of 750`s for my BMW from them and have been happy with them so far. Came with a flow test report etc. Very good especially for the price. I agree used is a waste of time and money.

I would suggest new ones but if in a pinch you can get 440 cc injectors from any turbo mk3 supra (86-90). They will work with some tlc. I used to run them. remove resistor pack.

i just picked some up they seemed like the best way to go if you're as cheap as me but what all do i need to do to get them to work?

Use new volvo oring gaskets, Modify injector by grinding off one side(of plastic strip) so that volvo plug will still work on them. Bend fuel rail tabs down a little to make sure they seat well. Remove and bypass injector ballist. I wrote an article a long while ago on how to use 440cc injectors with 2.2 and a potentiometer before anyone knew how to chip em. And i proved on a dyno that this works. Make sure to have wideband!!!! And fire extinguisher if your worried..lol.

Use new volvo oring gaskets, Modify injector by grinding off one side(of plastic strip) so that volvo plug will still work on them. Bend fuel rail tabs down a little to make sure they seat well. Remove and bypass injector ballist. I wrote an article a long while ago on how to use 440cc injectors with 2.2 and a potentiometer before anyone knew how to chip em. And i proved on a dyno that this works. Make sure to have wideband!!!! And fire extinguisher if your worried..lol.

Thought the supra injectors were low impedance? Wouldn't that mean you need the resistor pack?

thanks this helped. i was confused on what o ring and how to get the rail lower but im gonna try it

I have run decapped Subaru wrx injectors on a few super low buck projects. I always manage to get them for free and decapped they end up in the 820ish cc range

403 Bosch CFI's are plentiful as hair on a dog- two per Ford V8 TBI.
Cleaned and flowed, still pretty inexpensive and 48lb.
Cleaning by RC Engineering, Witchhunter, or my fave, Cruzin Performance- Rich does a good job and turns them around fast.

Thought the supra injectors were low impedance? Wouldn't that mean you need the resistor pack?

depends on what youre trying to do and what the ECU wants to look at. A series resistor of the same value doubles the total resistance and halfs the voltage across each component.In Parallel equal voltage would be seen by both components but it would half the total impedance and increase the current pulled of the INJ OP. or require a higher current output INJ OP

some ecus have the highz or lowz option by selecting the appropriate jumpers .

For good pricing do a group buy on injectors and buy sets of 8 from summit or jegs and save money. They treat v8 folks much nicer than us!!!

'Demon tweaks UK motorsport parts catalog list injector upgrades for the Ford Cosworth Turbo the bosch grey 503cc/min (reviewed here) is the model #0 280 150 403 - described "competition only - power outputs to 420 hp."'
'The Blue 437cc/min. model # 0280 150 400 is described for "power outputs up to 370 hp" '.
'refering to www.dune-buggy.com "the 400 injectors were originally fitted to USA Ford Mustangs 5.0L engines, mid 80 Crown Victoria. Lincoln etc."'

~Anthony Hyde~ 2002

Just going off people that have already done it! "OLD STUFF"

HERE IS A JY INJECTOR THAT WILL PERFORM WELL to answer Best Turbo JY Injectors

maximum pulse width around 7.5 ms at 60 to 70 percent duty cyle at 4800 with 15 pounds boost depending on ecu. Numbers taken from Motec M800 and Haltec e6k.

Later!

Last edited:
Back