• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

Who knows if i can get just any 240 turbo exhaust and put it on a 1977 242.
Or is there a change between the 200 models tough out the years?

Decided to take of the cylinder head, it seems to be in good condition, all the seals are brand new on the manifolds and the valve cover.
Seems like it had been refurbed for LPG before the block went all koolaid man. I'll get it checked if i ever wanna use it but its a shame to ditch it with the block

24211.jpg

2421l.jpg

i bet the cylinder head didnt like it to be run without oil.. probably still useable but give it a good inspection (assuming that the block went koolaid because of no oil, 100% sure to me).

i bet the cylinder head didnt like it to be run without oil.. probably still useable but give it a good inspection (assuming that the block went koolaid because of no oil, 100% sure to me).

Yeah pretty sure that was running with no oil on the freeway, how else can you kill of a B21?! anyway it looked to pretty to just trow it out directly. i was however stopped because these cylinderheadbolts have a imbus fitting?! never saw that before.. anyway could not find a size that big so head did not came of just now

Euro Ford Pinto/OHC engine used the same style imbus headbolts in the same timeframe (late seventies)
You could try lifting out the cam to check the wear on the cam bearings. It is the highest point in the lube system and material of the bearing caps is soft Aluminium so it will suffer fast when not lubricated.
You can check the thickness of the shims in one go while you at it. The thicker the shims, the less wear on the valve seats and valves.

Just asked this here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=249303

thought i just ask it in my topic here too

There is no way i will get this from you since your so far away but just wondering, Would this fit a 242 from 77'
Its a carb and i want to put injection engine in it and i thought i had to mod the tank for the return but if there are 200's with injection and same tank that fits the 77 it would be one less thing to worry about.

Got the afternoon off today, so i hurried home and got cracking on removing all the bit so i can pull the engine.
Everything is now loose and engine is ready for pulling, gonna keep the tranny in the car and just swap engines for now.
Later i will look into swaping the gearboxes to a AW71 i got.

img3448z.jpg

img3457zln.jpg

img3456dp.jpg

img3451w.jpg

Pulled both engines inside tonight, to swap over enginemounts of the B21 and take of the last stuff before i junk it.

Also took some time to remove the airco and powersteeringpump and replace the alternator bracket to a A/C delete one. then i removed the old loom and then the EGR bits.

Now started to clean up some parts, considering to maybe paint the engine while its out. already decided to replace the main rear seal and the flametrap (it was super dirty) and the seals for it. Any other bits that i'm better of replacing now?

Also is it possible to test the engine compression manually before trowing it in or do i need the starter for that ?

img3470u.jpg

img3471t.jpg

img3475u.jpg

img3490fe.jpg

When the enginemounts where on place and most of the parts where clean-ish i decided i wanted to take the rear bumper off so my dad can weld the spot there when he has some time in between. And while its off anyway i test fitted the bodykit on the back.. wel that does not fit for one bit. The bodystyle seems to work but the bumpershocks seem to be too long, maybe i need newer style ones?
img3482v.jpg

img3485gp.jpg

Last edited:
You just can't sit still! Nice job.

Haha yah you sound like my mom, I came in said "hi" went to my room, came back in ****t old clothes and dove under the car.

She walked up to me she said, "you have no problem switching from office to car mode do you?"
Me: Nah not hard when you think about working on your car all day :lol:

Ohyeah almost forgot, got a little present for the green lady if she's running nice
i'll swap over to a HKS dumpvalve, got a asian girlfriend now so i have to be more rice!
I need to digg up the red led undercar i got at the N?rburgring but never used.
Also will need a block off plate once i install the HKS

img3489h.jpg

img3491u.jpg

Took the B21 apart to see the damage that has been done by the prev owner. I think more than just running without oil happend here

img3500ej.jpg

img3497id.jpg

img3496pc.jpg

img3495o.jpg

img3493c.jpg

img3492ig.jpg

Lets just hope it wont happen to "new" one

img3504s.jpg

Well that got here soon! a bit hard to communicate with them, but i got the parts for the LPG injection!

img3506h.jpg

Now just have to learn polish

Back