• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another Road Trip

Yes, west texas is big. We were going 100mph after we got clear of the speed traps leaving dallas. It was our worst fuel usage in the slight uphill: 20mpg, with drew driving. 10am departure, 5pm arrival in el paso.

Harlard, i plan on spending plenty of time in the area, just not sure how early I'll get there. I will start a meet thread for wisconsin, and one for vancouver/seattle. Can start one for portland, too.

July 4th I will leave Pittsburg for Madison WI or the Dells area for a mini-meet.
Target time is 4pm, so we can grab some food before I head to Minneapolis OR continue west as hard as I can go. Waiting to hear from Pinguin. I will have to shorten my Minneapolis wanderings to a couple of hours in the morning of the 5th, if possible.

I decided that since it's a really big run across to Montana, I should cover ground early, so I can see more later. I would hate to skip Montana, since I have to be in Calgary on the 7th.

*edit:
Copy/pasta-ing in OT for the hits.

July 4th I will leave Pittsburg for Madison WI or the Dells area for a mini-meet.
Target time is 4pm, so we can grab some food before I head to Minneapolis OR continue west as hard as I can go. Waiting to hear from Pinguin. I will have to shorten my Minneapolis wanderings to a couple of hours in the morning of the 5th, if possible.

I decided that since it's a really big run across to Montana, I should cover ground early, so I can see more later. I would hate to skip Montana, since I have to be in Calgary on the 7th.

*edit:
Copy/pasta-ing in OT for the hits.

Madison is cool. Stop by the university bar fo a dranks and new glarus brewery isn't too far.

I'm sorta in the Wis Dells area. Prolly pseudo closest TBricker. How far are ya willing to travel/go on the 4th? (Or whenever you're around. I have the weekend and 4th off)

Edit:Just read your time line. Need a bed to crash at Tuesday? It's not quite as far as the dells, but it's enroute and free.

Thanks.

Gary, I'll probably be around the 16th.

I was looking at the timeline, not real happy about rushing the Madison to Minneapolis part. So I'll be spending the night in Beloit, Minneapolis is a maybe on the way out, and I am still torn between the 90 west (I really need to see the grasslands, badlands, etc) or 94 west routes.
When I get in the Portland area, if it took longer getting through Vancouver and Seattle, I'll hang around a little longer.

I ran into a snag with my car (03 WRX with 329,000 miles).
It had what I thought was a minor oil leak (I forgot to seal the rh exh cam front cap when I did the lash), which turned out to be a possible fire hazard (aftermarket seals, gaskets, and grommets are not your friend). 4 days and one broken radiator later, the RH exh cam is back in, and I'm waiting for epoxy to cure on the REPLACEMENT radiator, as well as sealer on the air box to engine "bellows" that is not available here until wednesday.

So I might see if I can order one to pick up along the way, or hit a yard for a used one. I'll post the part number and a picture.

And I still need to clean, pack, and change the oil in the WRX.

Last edited:
The offending/offensive hose/bellows:

165754694.jpg

Subaru part number 46013FE001 (for reference on the road, and in case anyone has a subaru connection, junkyard connection, or just info)

Good luck out there. Never forget!

161948835.jpg

Banff and surrounding areas was pretty awesome last summer. Lake Louise, Lake Agnes, Moraine Lake, Plain of Six Glaciers, Sentinel Pass, Maligne Canyon, Emerald Lake, Athabasca Glacier, Miette hot springs...take your pick. Spent ~10 days up there.

Back