• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Creating sub folders in my inbox

15A

World's Oldest Brewery
I have some folders made in my inbox but am hitting a wall when attempting to move messages I'd like to save into them. Is there a trick? I check them then go to the "send to"....it will let me delete them but nothing to send them to the new folders.

I'd like to preserve PM's from TBers who are no longer with us without accidentally deleting them.

TIA.

By 'send to' Do you mean the 'Go' option next to the 'Move to folder...' option? (See Capture1)

When I do that, from there it takes me to Capture2 - This page lets me select which folder (mine shows as 'test') you'd like the messages moved to. Selecting the 'Move Items' option then completes the action - I went into the folder to view the items just to confirm the desired items were moved.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 125
Whats odd is I tried that before and I never got the second tier 'choice' of what folder to send it to.....now I do. It only had delete or mark as read.

Will give this a try now so I can do blanket dumps of my inbox. :cool:

Thanks.

Another thing i do is download them as a CSV i think is the option. Just in case something happens. I think one time we had some database corruption and lost a bunch of PM's but that was like 10 years ago. Call me paranoid.

Good idea. Better to err on the side of caution. I was going to do a cut-paste of them into a pdf or word doc if I couldn't figure this out. I did notice that after transferring 5 of them, I sent another 3 to the folder and they disappeared (folder still just showed 5) - these weren't irreplaceable ones, but I'm getting paranoid now myself.

I've got some good PM's from fellas like TrickMick and Fivehundred I want to make sure are preserved.

Thanks.
:cool:

Revisiting this issue again......is it possible to move 'sent' messages into a new folder? Some of the PM's I want to save I have lost the original but still have the responses so they are quoted in it.

TIA

It doesnt look like 'move to folder' is an options for the sent items folder. I would normally think this was because of some addition functionality of the sent items box, or that it is actually displaying messages that are not actually in your box but in someone elses 'inbox'... but I cant be sure with out going on a goose chase for legacy support docs. For now, i still think the best option you have to retain that info is to download a csv copy. Perhaps in newer versions of the board it will be easier to manage your PM data.

Back