• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project '82: 760 16VT swap (picture heavy)

It appeared that the only company in The Netherlands that can do this was 30 miles away, so I was lucky with that.

You can do it yourself, it's really easy to do. Just cover everything with the appropriate glue, put on the flocking powder and shake off the excess; messy but not hard.

True, but I've read that the finish will be of less quality, the powder/hairs need to

a. stand upright evenly, not going to happen if you don't use some sort of static dispencer for the stuff

b. the static method ensures the particles are pulled into the glue, and therefore are better lasting.

I've read about the DIY kits, nice for small stuff etc. but a dash that sits in the sun etc. should be done as good as possible I guess. A dash is 125 euro's to flock, i'm not going to mess with glue etc for that;-) I thought about making a static flocking device myself with some high voltage stuff, if you can make that the result will be as good I guess.

Do you have any tips for the DIY stuff Peter? Since I may want to do some other bits in the future (less important stuff).

Do you have any tips for the DIY stuff Peter? Since I may want to do some other bits in the future (less important stuff).

Frosts do the kits, though I must admit its years since I've played with one. A guy I know has an obsession with flocking so when I need some done I give it to him. As far as I know he just uses the glue method and it comes out pretty good. He reckons it is all on the prep, and rubs the dash with a nylon cloth to set up a charge.

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-interior-trim-tools.html

If there is a company that'll do it there is no doubt that the professional method with an electrostatic charge works best .

The rust repair of the bulkhead/firewall was pretty hard, took a lot of time. This week we picked up 20L a bottle of Sagox (82% argon 18% CO2) at a german DIY store and started to attack the rust. Welds a lot better with this mixture than with straight argon!

Just some pics:

Where I spent the last days from 9 i the morning till 11 in the evening:

280720111754.jpg

First I had to make a new piece of firewall, it was rusted badly in the corner where there are 3 layers of sheet metal spot welded together.

270720111726.jpg

The repair piece for the fender:

280720111751.jpg

Tried to do it like the factory did. Used zink-spray on the seams where there are spot-welds, it seems to hold up nicely to the welding heat and is semi Ok weldable. Needs some seam sealer and Mike Sanders grease to keep the rust away for a long time!

280720111751.jpg

Tried to do it like the factory did. Used zink-spray on the seams where there are spot-welds, it seems to hold up nicely to the welding heat and is semi Ok weldable. Needs some seam sealer and Mike Sanders grease to keep the rust away for a long time!

That's looking good. It looks like you're drilling the plug weld holes. If you're going to do that regularly it's worth hunting out a Roper Whitney hand punch for the holes.

He reckons it is all on the prep, and rubs the dash with a nylon cloth to set up a charge.

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-interior-trim-tools.html

Good tip, saving that website (has a lot of smart stuff:))

Yeah great job with the rust repairs!
Also loving the dash. This car is one of my favorite 7 series.

Thanks!:cool: Welding credits go to my brother:nod:

If you're going to do that regularly it's worth hunting out a Roper Whitney hand punch for the holes.

We still need to address the passenger side floor and the spare wheel well, so this sounds like a good idea to have.

I also forgot to mention that I put in new koni yellow's in the rear with stock wagon springs, much better ride now!

Well, I always was against the following upgrade... but after some thinking and a pretty good value for money I came home with this today

P8174862.jpg

Wumbo wheels

Pretty decent set of wheels, complete with anti theft thingies, one small knock (will be straightened out) and 1 shot tire..

They need a bit of attention anyway, but I'll drive them till the tires are pretty (even more:-P) gone and then bring them to some shop to be made all pretty again (and a different color;-))

The EU6.0 meet was a lot of fun as well, drove a nice lap and was nice to drive to and from the ring.

Action shot:

760_1.jpg

Nice topic, never seen it before, only the ducht version.
Heard they were the bargain of the month (if it's from marktplaats)?

I bought on ebay

wait so you guys have 2 sets of polaris rims now?

:oogle:

I can't follow this. Damn, you lucky man. Is this the set from marktplaats?

Nope;-)

Nice topic, never seen it before, only the ducht version.
Heard they were the bargain of the month (if it's from marktplaats)?

Thanks, and define ''bargain'':-P

Why do I never find Polaris rims on Marktplaats. O yeah, that's right, 'cause i'm busy as ****.

I didn't find the rims on Marktplaats... you all forget the other option.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YKtlK7sn0JQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But they aren't like new guys, one has some corrosion and one has a small dent and one has a shot tire:lol: But they will be all smart again for EU7.0:nod:

Polaris always lookgood on a 700, still think they are overrated...
Maybe I'll sell a set or two for when my JP MK18 replica's come in :)

@philip; I still cant get over how super nice that dash looks! Damn!

i can get them flocked via rally guys for like 100 euro's thinking of doing the 760 and 360.
Oh and J2 sell me your super dtms still have not seen them?

:oogle:
Thanks, and define ''bargain'':-P
But they aren't like new guys, one has some corrosion and one has a small dent and one has a shot tire:lol: But they will be all smart again for EU7.0:nod:

I had 350 in mind, but after reading again, they were ?550 (but the advertisement was cancelled/not sold).

Back