• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a little mishap the other day with the car. My oil feed line wasn't properly secured and touched the exhaust manifold and melted. Luckily I caught it very quickly and it only pumped out a little oil. I repaired it and have done about 600 miles on the swap so far. Need to start tuning it but in reality that will probably have to happen after davis

The car made it to Davis like a champ!!!! It overheated once so bad it wouldn't crank which was awesome. One fuel injector oring started leaking. Other then that, may burnouts and joyrides in the car. Next up on the list is swapping widebands and tuning, and also a better rear gear. Also tires......

So got about 1750 on the car so far. I've been running delo to clean it out because the heads were nasty. So I believe I cleaned most of it out because this happened.....

Also note to self, parts store will give you a Northstar oil filter if you say it's a Escalade. The inside is plastic

Took it to a car show on Saturday, it was all classic American stuff and a bunch of mustangs (no one got run over so that was good) the car got alot of attention. Also while I was pulling in the brake master cylinder decided it had enough and exploded it's fluid out between it and the booster. I waited for everyone to leave and drove the car home 30 miles with no brakes. That was exciting!!!

get real. i dailied a mitsubishi with no brakes for like six months when i was a teenager. your ****'s weak.

So I decided to ditch the rx7 brakes, with the added weight they just are not good enough for my liking, I loved them on my old car but you can feel it needs more. More on that later tonight

Running stock pads and rotors. My friends at doesn't so I'm not to worried about it. We ended up building our own brackets that were thinner and used wilwood machine washers to center the caliper exactly. So far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back