• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FMIC options in 940 for high HP

phuz

I'm struggling trying to find a FMIC that will fit in the 940 and still support high HP. Because the opening between the headlights is somewhat narrow, I'm thinking I'm limited to 22" wide, therefore needing a 4-5" thick core. Need to support 600whp.
Any good sources out there or am I going custom?

Are the do88 and KL Racing options off the table? I know they aren’t 4-5” thick but they are drop in upgrades.

Last edited:
hm I think mine is a 3in core, made 789whp

159732216.jpg

it may be 3.5, I don't recall. the condenser still fits in front of it, but I had to move the trans cooler.

Definitely looks bigger than 3". With the 2JZ, I don't have the clearances you do, so having the radiator that far back is not an option, which is why I am going to be somewhat limited in terms of width. Most 3" cores only support 500hp, and that's with a 31" overall width. I won't have an A/C condenser, so that's a plus.

the radiator is sitting in the stock position. Don't get an ebay core, that one is a treadstone, only rated at like 600 or something.

KL racing classifies their IC for 700hp.

I would have bought it if they bothered responding to my emails.

my text messages don't go back far enough (lol), I'll see if I can track down the exact dimensions

haha. "Core is 22x12x3.5"

it's got cast endtanks with 45 degree(ish) outlets.

there's a lot of space up front if you get a little creative.

looking on treadstone's website, it's probably actually only 22x10.5x3.5, rated at 666hp (lmao) at peak efficency. it was still working fine at 750 and up on the v8 car though.

Last edited:
Thanks. If I keep the stock location for the radiator, it will basically be up against the motor with very little clearance (not good for cooling).

Back