• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2019 Photo Thread

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
LiFwPu2h.jpg

Hard to believe this is the fifth one of these we've done. I had a blast this year, and really enjoyed every minute. I said it while we were there and I'll say it again, I really appreciate everyone pitching in to make things run smoothly this year.

So the official Saturday night headcount was 48. If you count everyone that was in and out over the course of the event, we had 58. Fifty-fuc<z>king-eight people! Hell of a turnout, hell of a group of friends to spend a weekend with.

Anyway, on to the photos:

We loaded up and rolled out with the trailer behind the T5 at about noon on Wednesday:

FiA2kxIh.jpg

Got to the lodge early, but the caretaker was cool. Relaxed for a few minutes and then got busy setting up:

nx7H3bVh.jpg

t5gRsuhh.jpg

The important things were stowed carefully:

BNGALaxh.jpg

And then promptly passed out for the night:

ZjiSNW0h.jpg

The next morning, Dana, MrBill, Bayleigh, Liv, and I went on a short run down highway 215 to check out a waterfall:

K2zHk7gh.jpg

Ji6K0Cnh.jpg

Kyle showed up in his whiteblock-swapped Amazon:

bErN38jh.jpg

We fried pretty much anything that would fit in Wren's Fryer of Doom:

gPZgyrdh.gif

JohnMC showed up in his turbo Ls 245 from Missouri:

SYa55hJh.jpg

A number of other people showed up Thursday afternoon/evening, including the Alabama crew, so we set the projector up outside and watched the OG Fast and Furious.

0EHGDWNh.jpg

Friday morning was beautiful:

4uDjNHmh.jpg

Nick showed up and immediately began to disassemble his turbo 940

5bdKKhBh.jpg

This dude is a friend of Kenny/Sam who has since moved to upstate SC and decided to drop in with his supercharged 928. Awesome car, cool dude, can't remember his name.

zsUYvhxh.jpg

Friday afternoon, a larger group of us went to check out another local waterfall

0dHMNKTh.jpg

Isaac showed up at some point and he too began working on his car

zgfuHDoh.jpg

Kaplan has a mean breaststroke

YFajnsvh.jpg

TequilaGundam Mark enjoying some flotation devices

YhQiwYBh.jpg

Friday night

QsvzC4Ah.jpg

dMlqhrlh.jpg

TUKHXI7h.jpg

By Saturday morning, some wild tents had appeared:

sbQg5gEh.jpg

Copious amounts of swine were fried up

MDa4Hgih.jpg

My attempt at the group shot Saturday AM

59JOMXvh.jpg

This VG30 Turbo swapped 142 showed up:

viIvrYQh.jpg

graznf2h.jpg

I hopped in the mail jeep with Kyle and his dad on Friday to show them some gravel. This Megasquirted Mail Jeep made it all the way from Houston to NC over the course of a couple days. I was generously allowed to take this out for a spin a couple times, and it was hilariously terrifying.

SwYHCFGh.jpg

Saturday Night:

tccx2Qvh.jpg

7uU4lzvh.jpg

Kenny droppin' butts

VR3SjkTh.jpg

Saturday dinner:

0wPipGZh.jpg

Til next year...

WWhKGnMh.jpg

Last edited:
Here are all the random pictures I took over the weekend, some of which are Highway 19 in southern WV:
https://imgur.com/a/odJLGeN

Liv has some pretty big shoes to fill:
zCW2tC0.jpg

Pretty much the whole weekend summed up:
QzKCnlI.jpg

Andrew's gorgeous 71 142S and Nick's frequently broken 744T:
kaJ9Wey.jpg

Wren trying to squeeze into the back of MrBill's rental Abarth:
aVFeanV.jpg

The two fast ass 245's at the gas station (Sam's and John's):
BU8l2zx.jpg

TurboBricking in the wild:
kzlNZ9S.jpg

Jared handling his meat responsibly:
r7rzi7j.jpg

Nobody said anything about this all weekend:
tDZiVkR.jpg

The aftermath of some shenanigans:
3u1ezDu.jpg

And the international symbol for copious amounts of smoked pork, moderately quick Volvos, 40's, and ass:
gk5qOpG.jpg

the 928 belongs to David Woodside (woody).

I'll try and get my pictures somewhere posted up. I actually took more than 2 this year! (but I still didn't take a bunch). Shook something loose in the front suspension on the R, thinking a bushing or maybe a swaybar endlink.

Couple short videos:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cxopiHLd8H4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_Tlmh8K6lI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qdUP3nIYHvA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pjh2yidwtHI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You guys rock, and I'm genuinely floored my POS took the beating we threw at it without complaint.

Looking forward to next time.

Just some crappy cellphone pics for me. Though i did get a few polaroid gems but you'd have to be there.

Arrival on Wednesday evening:
v2xqzuVh.jpg

Morning view:

What was this... Pounding Mill? lol
Br5RwsCh.jpg

UYznf2Ih.jpg

DpsOw7Bh.jpg

The water fall up the road a bit...
PIlHHFdh.jpg

JFjNZeJh.jpg

8F0B16ah.jpg

More people on thursday, new water related sight seeing..
kJoYp1Yh.jpg

some product testing:
RQz3RDil.jpg

reason number 23,234 to go to MM:
2OcnwMdl.jpg

Last edited:
Bne and I drove through the night to arrive Friday morning. Stopped at Blackbird Bakery in Bristol at...early in the mornin
169835071.jpg

Drove to a waterfall Friday. Hopped across to the other side, hoping someone would follow and fall in :lol:

169835073.jpg

Locals
169835074.jpg

Everywhere you look, Volvos
169835075.jpg

Getting ready to go get lost or something
169835076.jpg

Not sure which one is older
169835077.jpg

Best times are had in the parking lot while someone else fixes his broken car
169835079.jpg

169835078.jpg

MM personified
169835080.jpg

Wish I could have made it... does anyone have more info on the vg30 equipped 142?

Back