• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Turbo JY Injectors

You have issues. Keep worrying about screen names while we talk volvos. You asked a question I gave an answer. Accept that you dont know everything and move on!!!!

"Whatever you're on seems like some good ish.

Stop switching names. It's pointless."

k3562203.jpg

eaves42 I have several bosch working cores here of different styles that ill practically give you so you can take your coin and have them matched if need be. Pm me!
best thing to do...................

Last edited:
Especially because 4 cfi's have terrible low pulsewidth performance, and aren't nearly matched flowwise. Hugh, I don't have issues. I'm saying 400 cfi's aren't good for 370 hp, nor are a good solution when I can get brand new, modern injectors with similar flowrates for not much coin. This isn't a vendetta. You just read something and spout it off as gospel regardless of real world experience.

No I trust Anthony Hydes findings along with all the other info that confirms it. I can get NEW 403's cheaper than 200 or 140. The question was asked about JY injectors not which is better used or new. I have a feeling hes already used JY injectors without issue. Plus I like bosch stuff on volvos.
Thats just me.

No I trust Anthony Hydes findings along with all the other info that confirms it. I can get NEW 403's cheaper than 200 or 140. The question was asked about JY injectors not which is better used or new. I have a feeling hes already used JY injectors without issue. Plus I like bosch stuff on volvos.
Thats just me.

I like bosch too. I like bosch products quite a bit. I still dont think you are getting new cfi's for that much.

i bought some cfi's from another member for like $50, then got scared and decided to have them cleaned/flowed(other member had one inj off and it fried one piston), turned out one wasn't shutting fully and leaked, luckily i got 5 for $50 and the other four were pretty close together after cleaning

So nothing in the volvo family? S60 T-5 has high impedance right? (not going to work)
Maybe 850T?
Any yes new injectors are always nice but wife,rent, and 1988 745 burns all my money.

so any other ideas?

A new motor because of ****ty j-yard injectors is even more expensive.

'Demon tweaks UK motorsport parts catalog list injector upgrades for the Ford Cosworth Turbo the bosch grey 503cc/min (reviewed here) is the model #0 280 150 403 - described "competition only - power outputs to 420 hp."'
'The Blue 437cc/min. model # 0280 150 400 is described for "power outputs up to 370 hp" '.
'refering to www.dune-buggy.com "the 400 injectors were originally fitted to USA Ford Mustangs 5.0L engines, mid 80 Crown Victoria. Lincoln etc."'

~Anthony Hyde~ 2002

Just going off people that have already done it! "OLD STUFF"

HERE IS A JY INJECTOR THAT WILL PERFORM WELL to answer Best Turbo JY Injectors

maximum pulse width around 7.5 ms at 60 to 70 percent duty cyle at 4800 with 15 pounds boost depending on ecu. Numbers taken from Motec M800 and Haltec e6k.

Later!

Oh look. Info from 2002. Let's see that's (hold on I need to take off one shoe to count this high), 11 years ago.

A new motor because of ****ty j-yard injectors is even more expensive.

Oh look. Info from 2002. Let's see that's (hold on I need to take off one shoe to count this high), 11 years ago.

I already spent all the loot on a new motor. Like $2000 in parts alone. NOW i have to spend a couple hundred on NEW injectors. Cmon.. cant i just cut this one corner this one time. Rods are cheap and grow on trees

cmon bro.. drop ur drawers if ur counting to eleven...

Back