• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and ben talked a while when he was here visiting and we talked about the stock strut tubes. I have always used them in my coil over setups i have built but man they are garbage! I have 2 sets of full length tubes here at the house and in one set the short billies drop right in and in the other they dont even begin to fit. Upon cutting you can actually feel where the tubes are bent.... that being said this car will get some kaplan coilovers sooner then later

So just about done with the coil overs and camber plates. All the "joints" up front have been converted to sphericals and i made some cheap camberplates for the top. The front end is going to have a very nice planted feel i believe :) im very excited to get this thing on the ground and see how everything works

Sent off my b21f intake to josh at yoshifab for some modification. Coil overs are done, and the front suspension is ready to be put back on. The spherical front end stuff turned out really good. Ill have to post some pictures of everything on the car.

Hes welding a big plenum on the intake. Im going to be running a k jet scp head with the injectors in the head. The spray from the injectors when mounted in the head pools right up on the back of the intake valves which is what you want. Im hoping these spherical ball joints i had made up work good but if not i will probably be going with some of bens roll center correctors and swapping back to stock tie rods and ball joints. The only actual bushings left in the car are the poly control arm bushings and poly trailing arm bushings. So nvh is probably going to be through the roof. I did swap in all late model sound deadning but that may not be enough

Got some pics. With this first adventure into making strut plates i decided to stick with oem style and just center the spherical, next ones i will offset drill the hole. Sphericals and retainers were sourced from rousch yates, i had some 1/4 inch 6x6 steel plates cut. I cut them to the same size as oem and milled them so they are perfectly round, i drilled the center out for 36mm to be able to fit a 15/16 impact socket and the hole on the underside was recessed 1/8th of a inch in at 46mm to provide a machine fit for the retainers and then tig welded. 1/4 inch plates are pretty overkill but i think its going to work out nicely.

Any reason you ditched the E21 sport steering wheel? We have one on my wife's 2002 and it's a great wheel.

No to the rover motor, to much work. The e21 wheel is still going in the car. Im having the hub fabricated for it currently and this wheel was dirt cheap, i just wanted to have something in the car and had no steering wheels laying around. And yes they are starion conquest wheels. Axles hubs and rotos have been redrilled

Very cool. I've always loved the StarQuest wheels too. They look good on a blue 244; who knew? Probably due to the '80s styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back