• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

rear 740/940 full coilover

Just a random thought, an Impreza is a lot lighter than a 740/940 Volvo. Why would you insist so much on running suspension parts off another make and model when others are suggesting alternatives that work...

WRX dry weight is 3400 pounds~ My 745 corner scaled at 3300~ A sedan should be even lighter.

If one has a wrecked Subie, one should transplant the whole front and rear for awd brickness!

Only 2 reasons I can think of....

He already has the parts or is a Subie WRX fanboi and thinks adding "WRX" parts to his vehicle will gain him street cred.

Your condescending attitude in this thread from the get go is lame and distracting from a legitimate discussion. A good reason why this forum is full of worthless unsearchable threads.

I'm confused on the insistance to use the Subaru stuff too.

My friend has a set of new coilovers for his WRX he never installed sitting in his garage. After his engine blew the car has been sitting for the past year +. Now he wants to get rid of everything and I have a good deal on the coils. The cars weight are in the same ballpark, subarus have more suspension travel than say, a Honda.. and the aftermarket suspension choices for our vehicles are... limited. For half the cost of kaplhenke stuff I can have these, and ben's stuff doesn't even include dampers, much less adjustable ones.

My friend has a set of new coilovers for his WRX he never installed sitting in his garage. After his engine blew the car has been sitting for the past year +. Now he wants to get rid of everything and I have a good deal on the coils. The cars weight are in the same ballpark, subarus have more suspension travel than say, a Honda.. and the aftermarket suspension choices for our vehicles are... limited. For half the cost of kaplhenke stuff I can have these, and ben's stuff doesn't even include dampers, much less adjustable ones.

And if only you had explained that in the original post.

Bens stuff will bolt on.

You'll need to buy tools or pay someone to fabricate and install. There is more to it than the cars weighing almost the same, you need to factor in the geometry, spring angle, pivot or leverage points.

You could fabricate a mount that fits, but generally speaking it's much less of a headache/not worth the trouble if you just add a sleeve collars to the spring mount at the back.

ben's stuff doesn't even include dampers, much less adjustable ones.

There's a reason for that, many people already have dampers they want to use. Many other people also purchase dampers from me... So when they do its included and they are adjustable.

There's a reason for that, many people already have dampers they want to use. Many other people also purchase dampers from me... So when they do its included and they are adjustable.

Thanks, I didn't want to talk bad about your products, and I likely will use the rear setup, I just wish there were more options out there.

I just wish there were more options out there.

I wish their were more customers and Volvo enthusiasts. Would be nice right?

Plenty of people on here are running these parts and are really happy. If i could think of a better product or a way to improve them... I would.

These cars have been modified alot, I bet more than we know. Theres stuff in place that works. Ben offers quite a few bolt in options, and if your willing to do a little work, slightly modifying what you have will net you great results. By no means putting race car parts on a Brick will magically make it better, fine tuning what you have will net you great results.

Or any coilovers? It doesn't matter, maybe I will do it. I can't fabricate but I have ideas. Will wait to see what John says.

This welded into the rear inner fender well:
tapered_D_parts.jpg

tapered_D_welded_outside.jpg

Lets you run a nice long coilover shock like this:
IMG_1080.jpg

This is in a nice car, a 240, but the idea is used on all kinds of cars for decades
IMG_1096.jpg

This works amazingly well. Firm, yet comfy..
Travel is key.

Attached something like this or direct to the axle housing (preferred)
IMG_1148.jpg

Saves making something like this:
IMG_1145.jpg

Nice and clean when done:
IMG_1149.jpg

So something can be firgured out in front, but not in back for struts realistically..

Thanks john, that's exactly what I wanted to see. Seems more trouble than its worth to do the rears.

Now about modifying those front hubs...

Back