• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Marina Auto-X 11/9

Shakes fist in air!!! I'll make sure everyone gets good and drunk the night before. Nursing a hangover the next morning. It should be worth at least 5 seconds. It'll be my secret weapon. Wheeee!!!!

Funny story. Liz calls tonight from the side of the road. "My roommate had an accident in her 73 beetle. Shes fine but the fender is rubbing the right front tire. Can you bring a large hammer and a crowbar?"

Don't you mean not to mention again? I'll weld up the rear end before the next one and we'll see who laughs last. :twisted:

I don't know who will laugh first or last, but it will be funny as hell. Forget that e30 drifting, you will hardly be able to drive in a stratight line on the course.

Shakes fist in air!!! I'll make sure everyone gets good and drunk the night before. Nursing a hangover the next morning. It should be worth at least 5 seconds. It'll be my secret weapon. Wheeee!!!!

Funny story. Liz calls tonight from the side of the road. "My roommate had an accident in her 73 beetle. Shes fine but the fender is rubbing the right front tire. Can you bring a large hammer and a crowbar?"

I was good and drunk. I was hungover. And I was driving a car I hadn't been driven in a month except to go to the store the day before. You are going to have to do better than that!

why the hell arn't you driving it more?

I just didn't drive it for a while, I don't know. But it's going to work with me today. Time for another oil change.

With the current driveway situation I have the wagon parked all the way in, blocked in by the BMW and the truck is down on the street. So it was just easier to drive the truck.

So Friday I am going to start investigating what is available to get this car handling better in the AutoX without killing the ride on the highway. I really want to get the trans stuff done soon too.

So Friday I am going to start investigating what is available to get this car handling better in the AutoX without killing the ride on the highway. I really want to get the trans stuff done soon too.
One thing that always bothered me is the way the rear sway bar is setup on all solid axle volvos. I would change it to a setup similar to the front where the bar is mounted on body of the car with end links running down to the trailing arms. It will reduce the weight of the axle and give you the option of an adjustable bar with multiple mounting points for the end links. Want to dial in more oversteer? Slide the end link one inch over. You'll also get away with using a much thinner bar to accomplish the same thing.

Last edited:
One thing that always bothered me is the way the rear sway bar is setup on all solid axle volvos. I would change it to a setup similar to the front where the bar is mounted on body of the car with end links running down to the trailing arms. It will reduce the weight of the axle and give you the option of an adjustable bar with multiple mounting points for the end links. Want to dial in more oversteer? Slide the end link one inch over. You'll also get away with using a much thinner bar to accomplish the same thing.

That's not a bad idea but I think I can get away with just a smaller bar and stiffer springs.

I just looked at some of the photo's on the norcalufo.org site and HOLY f-ing ****, that thing has some body roll! And I can see the sidewalls rolling under on the front even with the low profile tires.

MORE neg camber, MORE tire pressure and all the other stuff and I will be happy. I'd love to give this thing back to Mike with the handling much improved. The performance is better in terms of the engine but the handling needs some lovin.

I developed my 35mm shots today. They turned out pretty good.

Logan, Lanny, Eric and Austin - if you guys want I can make pretty bitchin prints of your cars so I can get extra credit in that class than give you the prints if you want.

I developed my 35mm shots today. They turned out pretty good.

Logan, Lanny, Eric and Austin - if you guys want I can make pretty bitchin prints of your cars so I can get extra credit in that class than give you the prints if you want.

Hell yes! I would love something for me and for Mike.

Next time you need to have the wheels for the VW and join us for the fun.

I just looked at some of the photo's on the norcalufo.org site and HOLY f-ing ****, that thing has some body roll! And I can see the sidewalls rolling under on the front even with the low profile tires.
Sweet!
http://www.steve510.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=28

Ambitious but rubbish :rofl:
3026084425_7f4963729d_o.jpg

BUMP!!

Been a while since I logged on...

Big thanks to Eric for hosting the BBQ the night before! Great time, and great food! If you ever do that again, you can definitely count me in!

Thanks for posting the video and pictures! Here are some from the NorCalRoadster forum:

Me making a camera mount in my car:
361CameraMt2.jpg

Corner hustlin:
RX7-361.jpg

Eric showing a cone who is boss:
IMG_2902r.jpg

Me in a drift sequence:
normal_ufo13_run4_0059_i.jpg

normal_ufo13_run4_0060_i.jpg

normal_ufo13_run4_0061_i.jpg

normal_ufo13_run4_0062_i.jpg

normal_ufo13_run4_0063_i.jpg