• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 240 cupholders

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
Here's my solution, pic is pretty self explanatory.

IMAG1140.jpg

I usually end up getting one of the cardboard cup trays if it's anything other than a Dunkin' Donuts cup. If the seat isn't available, that means my wife is riding shotgun and she gets the "here, hold this!" look as we leave...

I'm gonna see if I can 3d print one sometime. I've managed to avoid spilling anything, but the old gummed up broken seat heater switches say the previous owners weren't so careful.

You could always get one of these.

30043590606_038977e522_c.jpg

You can mount these on a flat surface like a door panel but being a 240 its feels cramped(had one installed but removed). These cup holder mounts can be found on old Mercedes cars or any Chevy/GM travel vans at the junkyard(which is where I found mine).

Also available on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-UNIVE...ash=item1eb777ec38:g:mwMAAOSwQYZWxdni&vxp=mtr

Or if you want to mount one in the dash where the radio would go.

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Univers...ash=item43ef2fb636:g:dAYAAOSwd0BVwT9y&vxp=mtr

Example in a 240.

Volvo240cupholder1548.jpg

Someone get this guy ^^ a cup holder already :-P

If you really want a cup holder, you can adapt a cupholder armrest from a 7/9 car, of an early 850. I have an early 850 one I'll sell ya cheap to play with if you want.

They used to sell a cup holder arm rest for 240. I don't see them for sale much now cause #oldcarstuff.

I have always used the door pockets but then all I needed was for something to hold water bottles.

I always thought it was stupid of Volvo to put the 850 cup holders directly above the window switches. Making sure you work on cleaning crud out of the window switches.

You still drive a 240??

Yep.
I drive a 93 model 240......all stock.
I gave $300 for it 3 years ago and drove it home.
It's a sweet ride.

My grandson just bought a 78 model 244 a couple of weeks ago and it's in my shop now.
It's a really solid car...b21f....4 speed M46 with od.
It just needs a little attention, which it is now getting.
New front engine seals, timing belt, plugs, plug wires, dist. cap and rotor. The brake lights, oil light an
charge light didn't work. I made quick work of the electrical problems and we are working on the engine in the evening after he gets home from work.

He got this one for $700, bought it at night and drove it 40 miles to home.
It's gonna be a nice ride with very little work.

Nice talking with you again.
I've been ill for the last year or so but I'm slowly improving.......enough that I feel like working on my Volvo cars again, which is my favorite hobby.

Steve

Last edited:
You still drive a 240??

Yep.
It's a sweet ride.

My grandson just bought a 78 model 244 a couple of weeks ago and it's in my shop now.
New front engine seals, timing belt, plugs, plug wires, plus the brake lights, oil light and charge light didn't work. I made quick work of the electrical problems and we are working on the engine in the evening after he gets home from work.

Very cool. I would try to make one with just 1 cupholder so the hand brake still worked. If I didn't suck at woodworking lol

Yep.
It's a sweet ride.

New front engine seals, timing belt, plugs, plug wires, plus the brake lights, oil light and charge light didn't work. I made quick work of the electrical problems and we are working on the engine in the evening after he gets home from work.

Wow, good deals and maybe no Northeast rust! 93 explains how you can trust a cup of coffee above your passenger's feet to the glovebox door latch. I've seen the retrofit reinforcement to those glove boxes on 93's.

Back