• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Hey! So me and a few other Volvo guys are going to be going to the Mission Drag Strip on the 26th (Friday) as it is a street legals night. They open the track to street cars for the night! If you're free and able, come along!

That sounds like a great opportunity to have some fun Ryan. Thanks for sharing.

On another note, anyone looking for a Delica Super Exceed with cold winter package? Neighbor is selling his.

Hey! So me and a few other Volvo guys are going to be going to the Mission Drag Strip on the 26th (Friday) as it is a street legals night. They open the track to street cars for the night! If you're free and able, come along!

I'll definitely try make it. Used to be there all the time for street legals when I had my RX-7s.

I should bring the Renault for slowest car honours.

For another car event option, on Fathers' Day there's the French/Italian show at Waterfront Park in North Van from ~10-3. I'm planning to take both of my weirdo cars. Likely a few PRV motors but otherwise Volvo content is unlikely.

I should bring the Renault for slowest car honours.

For another car event option, on Fathers' Day there's the French/Italian show at Waterfront Park in North Van from ~10-3. I'm planning to take both of my weirdo cars. Likely a few PRV motors but otherwise Volvo content is unlikely.

You totally should!

GAH, wife and I have dreamt of this car....but we're financially responsible lol

Someone save this!

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5076149263.html

00F0F_ccvTQQRCELm_600x450.jpg

This Volvo is a good car. It just needs work.

Issues:
1. The main one is that it needs a new transmission. Right now, the car can be driven, however, once it heats up it has a hard time going into reverse. I've managed to work around this by putting it into reverse while the car is slowly rolling. The motion slips the car into reverse. Obviously, this is not a long term solution and it will continue to deteriorate.

2. The car has been sitting for the last six months. I'm a student and have not had the money to repair the transmission. Now I'm leaving Canada and need to sell the car. This also means that the car is not currently insured which complicates taking it for a "test drive," etc. Buyer will need to take the car "as is."

3. The brakes will need to be changed soon, perhaps the tires as well.

4. Drivers side seat has tears. Glove box randomly decided to stop opening. Would likely be an easy fix.

Note: odometer reading is in miles not km. Translated: 406,740 km.

Positives:

The body is in good condition. There is no major body damage. There is a scratch on the drivers side that traverses both doors. Prior to sitting for six months, the automatic locks and windows still worked fine.
It's a great car. Volvo's are extremely durable and long lasting and are extremely safe to drive due to their steel frame construction.

Sounds like all it needs in an M47 and the usual 240 maintenance stuff, or just drive it. right year too

Also, if anyone want to run the Beige on beige 244 down the track they are welcome to, I make no guarretees lol

Sounds like all it needs in an M47 and the usual 240 maintenance stuff, or just drive it. right year too

Also, if anyone want to run the Beige on beige 244 down the track they are welcome to, I make no guarretees lol

It'll probably blow fluids all over the track by the time/if it's able to make it all the way to the end lol

Hey hey. I'll be in town July 15-19th with training on the days of te 16-17.

Basement sausage v.2?

Jordan

I'm in!

Lol. Not enough parts left my house the last time to host round two. If someone is down to host it I might be able to make it depending on work.

Lol. Not enough parts left my house the last time to host round two. If someone is down to host it I might be able to make it depending on work.

I don't have a basement per se, but the garage is
underneath the main floor.

It looks like I can host a barbeque on Saturday the 17th. I'm
just down the hill from Gil. [That's the 18th]

Plenty of room on the street for Volvos, and there just might be
a treasure or two in the crawlspace here.

Last edited:
I don't have a basement per se, but the garage is
underneath the main floor.

It looks like I can host a barbeque on Saturday the 17th. I'm
just down the hill from Gil.

Plenty of room on the street for Volvos, and there just might be
a treasure or two in the crawlspace here.

My calendar says Saturday is the 18th :D

I'll do my best to bring something more interesting this time. Let us know what else we should bring, time, etc. closer to the date.

Back