• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Crushing cbv

Fumomike

Quick question. I have a 90 760 turbo with 19t/ 15g hot side at 15psi. How do I crush my cbv? Do I just take a hammer and smack that or should I be shimming the inside? I prefer to use the hammer.

Thanks :) I had a old crushed cbv that went whoosh and want to recreate that. Once I replaced it with a new one no more whoosh ;(. A search comes with threads mentioning it but not explaining it perfectly.

i thought the only point of that was if it's not holding whatever boost it's currently seeing.

If you want whoosh, short open intake tract and unrestricted filter, then remove sound deadening from the hood and remove passenger side headlight.

Cbv crush

No all the removal of sound dedeaning material and stuff like that increases sound of turbo spool and air noise but no psssh noise from a bov or modified cbv. Crushing the cbv should seal air leakage at boost pressure and also increase tension on the spring causing it to open at higher boost pressure and making a psssh noise.

So how do I Do this? I had an old cbv on there and it was bent up crushed and had a torn seal so I replaced it but lost the noise. I believe taking a hammer and smashing it in again will bring back the desired effect.

I hear my spool really well through my vatozone filter.

And my CBV just makes a really loud exhale sound. Think of it like the noise you make when someone starts talking about politics/religion.

Quick question. I have a 90 760 turbo with 19t/ 15g hot side at 15psi. How do I crush my cbv? Do I just take a hammer and smack that or should I be shimming the inside? I prefer to use the hammer.

Thanks :) I had a old crushed cbv that went whoosh and want to recreate that. Once I replaced it with a new one no more whoosh ;(. A search comes with threads mentioning it but not explaining it perfectly.

Some one has been on the DSM forums too much back in 2003

Some one has been on the DSM forums too much back in 2003

I've done the crush and drill mods to a 1g dsm bov and it worked well, but never heard of it for the volvo mitsubishi turbos. I have the IPD bov upgrade on my 15g, springs and diaphragm, and it works well.

Never crush a 1st gen DSM CBV/BOV, always modify it by plugging a hole and drilling another hole.

The reason behind crushing/modifying DSM CBV/BOV is that in stock form the 1st gen DSM CBV/BOV will open starting at around 17psi. To stop it from opening, crushing the cap slightly will get the CBV/BOV to open up at later psi. Modifying by plugging the small hole in the bottom and drill a small hole on the side will make sure the CBV/BOV never open due to pressure.

I didn't bother making a tube for the hole.
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html

This is the first time I heard someone say crushing a stock CBV on a Volvo turbo though... usually people put block off plate on it or plate that vent it to atmosphere.

21sA2YRb22L._SX300_.jpg

41ebx6MTyDL._SY355_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA355SH20_.jpg

Back