• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I've never managed to make it to this, so this could be the year. I could either be Volvo compliant in the slightly shabby V70, or hope that the Peugeot is brick-ish enough that nobody notices. Besides, the non-diesel versions did have Volvo content via the PRV V6.
I think you'd really enjoy it. Lots of interesting folks there. Folks not of the zip-tie brigade, but still interesting. :lol:

I think you'd really enjoy it. Lots of interesting folks there. Folks not of the zip-tie brigade, but still interesting. :lol:

Really looking fwd to this. Never been to a Volvo show b4. Nor do I currently own one. I keep flirting with the idea of selling my e30 for a nifty, 242GT or something equally cool. :oogle:

Been to a few BMW meets which were ok. I find most BMW folk are too pretentious to approach. Volvo folk, not so much. They tend to be a little weird (like myself), but overall much nicer people :nod:

Last edited:
Really looking fwd to this. Never been to a Volvo show b4. Nor do I currently own one. I keep flirting with the idea of selling my e30 for a nifty, 242GT or something equally cool. :oogle:

Been to a few BMW meets which were ok. I find most BMW folk are too pretentious to approach. Volvo folk, not so much. They tend to be a little weird (like myself), but overall much nicer people :nod:
Sounds like a Turbobricker already...

Ryan is a wheel who-oer
i was salty about him snagging a set of comets from under me for a while but i'm not salty anymore

Is there a Timmie's somewhere central-ish, not far off the highway we can use as a Meetup point? Hit it for around 8:30, coffee up, then burble our way over? Thoughts?

perfect, i had someone start a facebook event and they've invited the local Volvospeederz like Ryan. Should be lots of pegz/tintz/hidz coming out.

Well, not to be a downer, but apparently I won't be making it now. My replacement motor just blew on my way in to work, just now. I'm out. Anyone want a '70 144...

Back