• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

intercooler is an intercooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you post a pic of an intercooler you crushed into something? How is that relevant? Why try to insult me when you posted an obviously seriously damaged part as a comparison?

The CX racing intercooler is a great improvement over the stock intercooler. Can't really argue with that.

100 hp on a turbo Honda just from an intercooler swap. Ok then...it didn't ever have an intercooler so you added one and upped the boost a lot? I think there might be a bit more to the story than just an intercooler swap

100 hp is a 20% increase? That's a pretty serious Honda, lets see it! I love hp

Why would you post a pic of an intercooler you crushed into something? How is that relevant? Why try to insult me when you posted an obviously seriously damaged part as a comparison?

The CX racing intercooler is a great improvement over the stock intercooler. Can't really argue with that.

100 hp on a turbo Honda just from an intercooler swap. Ok then...it didn't ever have an intercooler so you added one and upped the boost a lot? I think there might be a bit more to the story than just an intercooler swap

100 hp is a 20% increase? That's a pretty serious Honda, lets see it! I love hp

If you don't understand the point of the pictures, you need go back to your play room, sit down, shut up, and color with your three old crayons. Stay inside the lines please. Ignore the goddamn dent, that had nothing to do with it.

I don't have an axe to grind against cheap ebay intercoolers, I've already said as much. but if people want to know (because this seems to come up on occasion) "Why would you spend XXXX on that intercooler when there's this cheap $3 intercooler on ebay?!!" that * might* be a reason.

I don't know... why would you buy a garrett turbo when there's $100 ebay turbos? PSI is PSI right? what does it matter?

I could probably go into more detail on the honda intercooler but if you haven't connected the very close dots yet based on the information already provided
@$$hole said:
we swapped cores on one of those joe blow 12x3x18 "generic" ebay intercoolers on a turbo honda, and picked up around 100whp, same size garret core.

I don't know that it would do any good. It was around 11 years ago, the car went from a well tuned ~500whp to an out of fuel pump 6xx whp on the first pull following the core swap (as in, cut the end tanks off and welded them to the new core, in case that wasn't obvious). They had to turn the boost down after the swap. So, you tell me, Why would anyone do that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back