• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Debunking the t5 myth

I have been telling the whole board they were junk for 8 years, but noooooo.

Chevy guys sell built automatic transmissions for way, way, wayy less than that every day..... And I don't see how a T56 would cost $2500 to install unless you bought it brand new.

The combination I would like is a muncie m22 with m21 guts and a gear vendors overdrive on the back of it. That tranny less the overdrive lived behind my chevelles 800hp for about a year.. They shift really nice and have a near perfect gear spread.

For all out drags though you can't beat a powerglide, high stall like 4500 and one shift. And you'd break less stuff after the tranny.

Thanks
Renny

who cares about the extra gear it can just sit there and be useless.

and you notice cars with th350/400s are usually cars that dont see much street driving at all, not to mention interstate driving.....

no, i didn't notice that. I dont really know a damn thing about chevy autos other than that my v8 wagon has one (700r4).

so, what cars came with t56s?

Chevy guys sell built automatic transmissions for way, way, wayy less than that every day..... And I don't see how a T56 would cost $2500 to install unless you bought it brand new.
Well I was thinking more about the whole conversion costing that much. My getrag cost me $60 at pull-a-part, but everything else I had to do to make it work costs $1000+

Well I was thinking more about the whole conversion costing that much. My getrag cost me $60 at pull-a-part, but everything else I had to do to make it work costs $1000+
Seems like a lot to me, but I haven't done it, you have, so +$1k for the T56 and I could foresee that, or close to it.

T5s are ok for making good amounts of power. We won't throw quite as much torque at them as the v8 guys do. Anything really serious and you need to get the Gforce gears or switch to a tko500/600.

All the mustang guys consider them weak.

T5s are ok for making good amounts of power. We won't throw quite as much torque at them as the v8 guys do. Anything really serious and you need to get the Gforce gears or switch to a tko500/600.

All the mustang guys consider them weak.

really? sam made 300hp and 400ft lb torque .. I would say that is more than a 300hp v8 would do

Back