• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

4/27/03- MD/VA/DC Area Get Together - Rockville, MD

towerymt

the real Towery
Sunday April 27th is the new date as of now. Meet at Dave & Busters (White Flint Mall), Rockville, MD, early afternoon.

-------

Since April 20th is Easter Sunday, a lot of people have figured out they can't make it this weekend, so this get together might get pushed back 1 week or more. See the link below for updates.

--------------------------------------------
*Update: April 20th, Rockville, MD, meet in front of Dave & Busters at White Flint Mall on Rockville Pike. No time has been set, but probably early afternoon, ~1pm. See Swedespeed for the latest details:
---------------------------------------------

There are talks of the first get together of the year. Somewhere in MD, probably around Rockville or Gaithersburg. The date is probably Saturday April 19th, but it could get switched to Sunday or another weekend, so check here for updates:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=8109

boosted12a said:
i always miss out on the good stuff!!!!!dam! :cry:

I assume you can't make it, because it's not until next Sunday. Where are you located?

well,normaly i park my fat ass in norfolk but currently in at an undisclosed location serving in operation "iraqi freedom" and i have no idea when the hell im commin back

Chris242GT will be unable to attend, which really sucks cause he just got his car painted. I'll be there in the Photo contest winner (plug plug) and a bunch of people from swedespeed.com. Probably 5-6 people from over there.

tryckj?vel said:
are you guys plannin on camping out or just going up for saturday?

Confusing sunday's get together with Carlisle?

For Carlisle, I had originally planned to get a hotel room friday night, drive up friday morning and come home saturday night. Chris mentioned the hotel room for both nights, but I assume we'll all camp out now since that is an option, and I assume that would be both nights as well.

Caravan up at a decent hour friday morning and head home late afternoon sunday, I suppose. I'm still considering coming back sunday morning so I can go to the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point, which is probably the best event held during the year.

nice to see you made it mike :e-shrug: :???: :-P

anyway, the 7 of us had some fun, hung out for a few hours.. got to see Rob's 242 (photocontest winner) in person... pretty crazy setup 8-) I'll post the few snapshots i got to just prove we were there ;-)

tryckj?vel said:
nice to see you made it mike :e-shrug: :???: :-P

anyway, the 7 of us had some fun, hung out for a few hours.. got to see Rob's 242 (photocontest winner) in person... pretty crazy setup 8-) I'll post the few snapshots i got to just prove we were there ;-)

George (@swedespeed) and I had our own GTG. We were in the main parking lot out front. I showed up around 2:30 and he got there about 20min later. We left around 4. I probably should have known about the upper level entrace, but I parked near the back of the lot right on Rockville Pike. I thought this thing was supposed to start at 3, which is why I parked where everyone could see as they drove by. Guess I messed up, oh well. Typical GTG, miscommunication, last minute changes, confusing location...that's why I don't like trying to organize anything cause it never works.

yeah we rolled around the front on our way in, didnt see anyone so went up to D&B "real" entrance.

yeah man, just means we'll have to kick it at carlisle :-D

Dude I'm so coming to Carsile! I might bring a clone too!

jk jk. Matt (aka riceeater780 i think) might be coming with me too. I'll bring a tent and my car for the show. You guys will have to provide the beer as (i think) we're both too young to buy some... unless the drinking age is 18 somewhere nearby... last time I checked it was 21.

Is there anything you guys want me to bring?

Volvo78GT said:
Is there anything you guys want me to bring?

Cardboard cutout of Will Ferrell as George W. Bush with balloon from his mouth saying "Don't Mess With Texas!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG OMG OMG

Thats the ABOSOLUTE BEST!

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!! You made my DAY!

Will Ferrell is probablly the best "Dubya" out there...
even better than the real one. *Rimshot*

Dude we're SO gonna have some fun 8-)

Only problem is... I dont have a clue as to where to find something like that...
Wouldnda be fookin' funny to actually show up with one???
I even have the "DONT MESS WITH TEXAS" sign ready to go!
Somebody :help: me on this!

Ohhh man... Split a gut here! Hahahaha!!

Y'all who's coming better be ready to raise some HELL!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back