• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Manifolds and Manifold Design?

J pipe will perform way better than a 90+ in my mind.

This is correct. On both my car and Josh's 242 there was approximately 18-25% difference in VE across the powerband between NA manifold with J pipe and 90+, the NA manifold with J pipe being greater in engine VE.

Still didn't stop us from making 400whp on a 90+ adapted to a 16v head.

Agreed. Although not as ideal as other options, it won't be the weak link for the 99% of the setups on this forum.

I haven't done any head work, but it is a freshly rebuilt head (well... ~1000 miles I guess)

The j-pipe option is attractive to me purely because of space utilization, and then I still have my 90+ flanged for the 15g should I need to go backwards for some reason (or sell).

That all said, porting isn't out of the question.

How did you guys attain the VE #'s?

How did you guys attain the VE #'s?

By not being a monkey behind the laptop. Amazingly enough, when you properly calibrate a control system, the units of measurement actually mean something.

But, if you know the exact transfer function of your MAF, you could also calculate it using mass air flow and engine RPM at that moment.

Back