View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #34
BDKR
Section 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by badvlvo
BUT it also has the potential for creating hot spots on the flame ring of the HG.
Well, you aren't the first to echo this concern, but so far that has proven to not be the case. And not talking about what Les has done, but others like mpgmike and automotivebreathe over on the mpgresearch board. Mpgmike is doing heads for customers (he's done a considerable number) on all kinds of things (even a VR6) and to this point the performance has been favorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badvlvo
It's a great idea, but I will let you guys be the guinea pigs. If it works, I will be doing it too.
I was planning on doing some testing with it. It was going to include a dyno pull with the stock head and M cam to get a baseline as well as mileage info. Then a grooved head with an M cam and another mileage test. Hopefully one of us can post some more details of what we've found.

Cheers

Knuth also cites a letter sent to him by Dijkstra, in which the latter adds some nuance to this earlier statements: "Please don't fall into the trap of believing that I am terribly dogmatical about [the go to statement]. I have the uncomfortable feeling that others are making a religion out of it, as if the conceptual problems of programming could be solved by a single trick, by a simple form of coding discipline!"