• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

Greeen greeeeen greeeeeeeen! :-P
Looking good!

I love that green! I also liked the orange underneath! Lol

Orange is gone again, i applied it way to tick. But yeah green is good

Probably looks good in reallife, but you phone-pix are killing it.:-(
Will it be ready for the Elandrun this year? ;-) So it can be seen in the wild :D

Well now i got pics made with my Iphone5 maybe that will look better? i alway used to use my camera but my macbook does not have a cardreader, stupid mac stuff.. why do i buy that crap anyway?

No this car will deff not be ready for the elandrun, its just a project i like to work on if all my other projects are boring me so this will be the slowest off them all :lol:

In other news played around with the 242 a little ran into a issue with the crossmember, i only have the BW55 crossmember and some other stuff here and non seem to work right now.. I'm going to have to look into the crossmembers on 240s for AW71 boxes

1375920_718260651522194_1289175733_n.jpg

foto+1.JPG

I think this is the BW55 one and it seemed that bolting it direclty to the box might work all the holes on the box lined up but to the car , not so much

foto+2.JPG

foto+3.JPG

Then i started to work on the intake manifold, bought it off a member adjusted for LPG but i ended uo getting a complete empty intake so bolting all the crap over from some random manifold i had, directly swapped the injectors to 960 injectors.. they deliver a little less fuel but wont need resitorpacks, since i am using a N/A wiring loom it would be one less thing to do and considering it will mostly run on LPG i dont see a problem with that

foto+5.JPG

unnamed.jpg

Also got the powersteering rack on the car now, i did get all the bolts and spacers in the box so thats good, I do see that the original 240 pump goes on the alternator side of the B230FK. I might want to swap over a pump from a 740.. is that bolt on to the steertingrack or would it require new hoses etc?

Last edited:
Got the gearbox mount fitted by moving one hole (thanks for the tip TB!) just have to create a second treath for the last holes

foto%25201.JPG

Ha! hope mine will do that too, nice startup! You used all 940 parts there? you have more pics of how you handled piping, lines etc?

I will ask you for the settings of the STAG for sure!

I am out of town now so pics can take next week. Which piping/ hoses are you interested to see? Maybe I 'd better mail them not to spam your thread...

pics of mine volvo 245's engine bay with B230FK LPG powered.
Cooling hoses modified to operate evaporator fitted close to right front head lamp.

sambo.

Bought silicone hoses of a TB member, they are not perfect fit but i think i can get it to work, Also played around with the intercooler setup. Pretty happy with it. Just the last bent from the IC will need a straight

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B3.JPG

foto%2B4.JPG

foto%2B1.JPG

Last week also bought a AW71 shifter and linkache for a 240. Rare find so pretty happy to save some fabrication time on that.

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B4.JPG

installed the linkage, took me a while to figure it all out as i bought the shifter and linkage in a box and the AW71 came from my old 740. Apparently there is some stuff on the box that does not fit in the 242. Made a few pictures if people are interested.

I still not sure if its all connected up because when the selector in in "D" its easy to move the "shifter" to another gear, apposed to my S90 shifter its locked..

Hi Freaks
Iḿ new here, and have read that you convert your car to LPG.
I can offer you a helping hand on your conversion too.
Please keep in mind that the best results for correct timing for the injectors is you have to look for. So the right choice in size and kind helps a lot! Your goal is good idling and sufficient fuel for heavy load under boost. I highly recommended Hana Injectors who are a direct copy from the legendare Keihin injectors but for the half price. vertically montage for the Injectors with short tubes to the inlet manifold all the same lenth is necessary. The keihin Injectors have a spec map in the AC Software who you can use to match the exact characeristics of the injectors --> give a good result!

With the car on the driveway getting things done is much easier for me now.
Also i have less space so things need to find a way on the car ASAP :)

installed the exhaust:

IMG_8642.JPG

IMG_8693.JPG

took out the sound deading on the roof, it was warm so came off easy and it got moist under there so need to do a little rust prevention later on

IMG_8647.JPG

found out that in transport the headliner fell on the ebrake and made a nice space in the fabric, time to find a replacement

IMG_8678.JPG

Also wanted to install the driveaxle i bought 2 years ago but never unboxed, turns out its a 940 axle... :wtf:

FINALLY! i got a AW71 driveshaft for the 242. It has taken me roughly 2 years and 2 wrong axles but now i have one on the car!
Probably pictures nobody is waiting for it but i am too happy with it so deal with it :lol:

IMG_9879.JPG

IMG_9880.JPG

Back