• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Videos

PM me with a mailing address, I have 100+ Volvo videos on my computer (about 900+mb) and countless others (Gumball 3000, Getaway in Stockholm etc...). I'll put them on a couple CD's & snail mail them to you.

MoWGLi_DRiFTeR said:
Is it just me or is anyone else getting less than 56K speeds? I had to cancel the last download because it dropped to 944 bytes a second.
Yeah, 15-odd simulatneous video downloads will do that to a connection. :-D

Sorry about the speeds, I'm looking to purchase a phattier pipe, but it all depends on how financial aid works out, it's looking grim for at least this quarter.

I'm looking into torrents, I'll keep you guys updated. I've also got a bunch more videos to upload ASAP, and the rating system will be completed shortly...

240Psycho said:
i submitted 2 huge videos a few days back. Did you get them?

-The swedish truth
and
-Time of the volvo

Never got "the swedish truth", if it's over 100mb it won't go through the HTTP upload, time of the volvo I did get, and it's live now.

Hey bud, nice collection of videos! I haven't even started watching them, but I can't wait till I have some time to check them all out.

I've got two GREAT dragracing videos, both about 15 minutes long, one's 350mb and the other is 250mb. They're pretty similar, so you probably only need one. It's got a few good volvo races, but also a bunch of HUGE turbo'ed BMWs and other euro goodness. Lots of 10 second euro cars.

Let me know if you want it or even have the space for one. I'm sure I've got a few here and there that you don't yet have, but we don't want to fill up your server quite yet! Thanks for hosting these, I hope financial aid helps ya out.

John

So whoever came from the IP 68.88.15.*** (removed) doesn't get to play anymore. Why, may I ask, did you download each and every video... over a dozen times?
You accounted for 45,737 page hits to my site, and a ****load of bandwith. Anybody feel like fessing up for this one, and explaining yourself?

adrianpike said:
So whoever came from the IP 68.88.15.*** (removed) doesn't get to play anymore. Why, may I ask, did you download each and every video... over a dozen times?
You accounted for 45,737 page hits to my site, and a ****load of bandwith. Anybody feel like fessing up for this one, and explaining yourself?
hehe, awesome! sounds like it was a download accelerator though, opned multiple connections. check the time stamps on the multiple downloads, see if they have nearly identical start times

Dear_vs_Coyote said:
I got a bunch of videos. Anyways that I could send them to you?

Sure! You can set up a FTP/HTTP download for me to grab them, you can email any less than 5MB to me, you can upload any less than 100MB to me, you can SCP them, or you can snail mail them on a CD. Any methods I forgot, you can probably do. FTP upload is out, I'm not a fan of FTP in a production environment anymore.

And teh Poi, they are. It was. It sucks. Any ideas of how to prevent it in the future with Apache?

Thread is stickied. Why? I'd suggest if you find an intresting vid that really does not require it's own thread to post the link in here or send it to Adrian.

If you've got videos that relate to something you are sharing on your car[example- installed a locker so you did a two-tire fire down your street] that go ahead an make your own thread on it but if you got something irrelevent but cool, put it in here!

This will help people find that one video they have been looking for or for those looking for a video fix [I have had those in the past]

Last edited:
Over a gigabyte of Volvo-only videos now, with still more on the way! :-D

Interesting Stats
8.2GB of transfer so far through October, at an average of 184 hits per hour, and 630MB/day. 44159 requests have been rejected due to server saturation, 75% of which are attributed to the aforementioned IP.
TPC @ eurostop is currently the most heavily downloaded movie (by over 1GB), both in terms of hits, and kilobytes.

Fame Watch
If anybody could find the actual thread links for these that would be awesome!
84 people have come from hatzer.at. Somebody posted the link there. I'm internationally famous!
4 people downloaded CoconutColin's vid from a link on lowandwide.net.
5 people came through a link somewhere on swedespeed.
5 people came through dragva.com.
3 came from opel-area.net
3 from socaleuro.com
:-D

A new Volvo photos section is online, if you've got any you want to enter the public domain (I really need a decent license agreement for this), upload them.

adrianpike said:
I think that may have been me, i use a download controlling program, and it will open multiple connections to a video, so yea, i'm probally the offender in question. And since i can no longer go to your link on the 1st post, i can only further assume i'm the culprit, if you'd unban my IP i'll forgoe the download client software and just use right click save from here on out, if you wanna be a nice guy and let me back in. Your call.

740Turbo92Wagon said:
I think that may have been me, i use a download controlling program, and it will open multiple connections to a video, so yea, i'm probally the offender in question. And since i can no longer go to your link on the 1st post, i can only further assume i'm the culprit, if you'd unban my IP i'll forgoe the download client software and just use right click save from here on out, if you wanna be a nice guy and let me back in. Your call.

Cool, I'm glad to find out what it was all about. You should be good to go again, if not, just let me know and I'll fix it. I'm working on a way to reject multiple IP's in the videos directory, so... :e-shrug:. It would be cool if you wouldn't use the download client, it puts a fair strain on, well, everything. It won't help you on my site either, as the limiting I use applies to IP's, not connections, so basically instead of having one fast connection, you'll have 10 connections at 1/10th of the speed of the other one. It probably helps on sites with a larger connection, but mine runs pretty maxed out all the time nowadays.

Yesterday the connection I was getting was REALLY slow, and that's with a 5mb cable modem. Just tried some again today and I can't seem to download anything.

Mpeg, Avi, and divx say "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

WMV says "cannot open. please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again"

What does that mean? Is that an issue with your system or mine? Yesterday I got them to work fine, but they took forever to download. Doug's stall took about 10 minutes to load....

PS, ya like my picture I posted??

John

The Aspirator said:
Yesterday the connection I was getting was REALLY slow, and that's with a 5mb cable modem. Just tried some again today and I can't seem to download anything.
Alas, 'tis true. In my attempts to fix hotlink prevention, I made it so it would only allow referers from adriantech.com. Of course, I completely forgot about the fact that Microsoft loves to send blank referers in their software. So basically it's fscked for a few hours until I get back from my GF's place (no SSH here). I really would like to block people hitting save as from an off-site link, and mod_rewrite it to my requisite "this is my bandwith, love me for it" page, but I'm not quite sure yet how to go about it... Updates at 11.
And the speeds are a problem, I know. My bandwidth is pretty much straight maxed 16/7. You could try in the early afternoon or late morning, that's time when the least people are DL'ing. Although right now, if you could send the headers correctly, you'd probably get some decent speeds... :-P

The Aspirator said:
PS, ya like my picture I posted??
Why yes, yes I did.

Back