• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2" aint much, but I make it count.

slow240

Home Schooled
I recently bought a 90 244 on cragslist for $300 with a blown transmission, traded a few parts for a new/used trans, gave her a quick polish, and added her to the fleet.

unfortunately the shocks/struts were totally blown, so I ordered some new units.

wait, whats that big aluminum bugger there? well I decided if I was going to be in the suspension, why not add some ground clearance?
the shipyard I work at floods fairly regularly, so it couldn't hurt right?

So far, I love it. its just noticeable, and I can hop curbs with the best of them. I have some longer shocks on the way from summit since these ones are fairly topped out.

I think some white letter tires on the hydras in the garage and Ill be in business :cool:

DSC_0241_zpsei9z6lej.jpg

dam,that's what im talking about.
that's awesome!

Lol that is quick. I fired up the DA and had it shining in an hour and a half. But that's with two coats of wax.

Unfortunately there isn't a straight panel on it, it's just a beater.
I call it my rolling tribute to the Atlantic, blue, glimmering, and wavy.

I actually have an idea of how to make those, just need to get materials and bribe my machinist.

Basically what you need to do is space down the front cross member and rear control arm mounts and extend the steering shaft linkage.

Basically what you need to do is space down the front cross member and rear control arm mounts and extend the steering shaft linkage.

That was one technique. But that means I'd have to space down the trans crossmember, and the center support bushing.

I've got another idea, but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to make

That was one technique. But that means I'd have to space down the trans crossmember, and the center support bushing.

I've got another idea, but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to make

You dont necessarily have to space down the trans member & center support bushing. You can always raise the motor mounts to keep it at the stock ratio to the body.

Well yeah, but if you're lifting the car enough to facilitate a k-member drop, you're gonna want to fix your driveline angle.

Had a little fun splashing in the puddles today, Really makes me want more lift, and more tire... A LOT more tire. looking at a 215/75/15, thats 4" taller than the stock tire and easy to find since its the stock size for jeep wranglers.

yeah Jerd did it this way as well, but he did coil overs in the front to free up more space for tire, and I am quickly moving that direction as well. Id love a 235/75/15 :cool:

the spacer simply bolts in between the strut mount and the strut tower
pretty straight forward.

235/75-15's are nice, but the 215's are much easier to fit with less rubbing on front fenders and rear axle articulation. Hard to find a nice 215 "mud terrain" for the knobby tire look though. Most of those start at 235/75-15. If you are just looking at "all terrain", 215's are fine.

I've been considering some Bush Wacker style flares to go to a bigger and wider tire (31's?), but they are expensive and I'd need to try several different ones to find a set that would work. I think the effort would be better spent on better working suspension geometry first.

That would reduce ground clearance though and kind of make doing it moot.

Back