• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

Thats one way to get stuff done, my dad wants the 242 out of the garage so he cleaned off all the rust. seems like al the clips holders are still there so might put the old window back

2426.JPG

242.JPG

Thats one way to get stuff done, my dad wants the 242 out of the garage so he cleaned off all the rust. seems like al the clips holders are still there so might put the old window back

Don't go back to the steel clips. Just hammer he clipholders downs and use the new plastic ones+window trim. The only thing those old steel clips do, is rot.

ps do you have a pic of the trunk? I need some info about how the rearlights are protected. Is it the same as a late 142; just a long piece of cardboard al along de outside of de trunk?

Worked on the bumpers for a little while

stripping of the rubber crap
7.JPG

That wont fit
2.JPG

now it will
3.JPG

6.JPG

Fit's ish, need to work on the sides for a little bits and there is a slight gap but not so bad as i'd expect it to be
4.JPG

Yesterday got to work on making the rear bumper fit better. First thing to do was to short the bumperstops. this will allow a smaller gap between the bumper and the body.

I do still need to get 2 extra rubbers that go on the bumpers, anybody has one?

242.JPG

Got the flexplate on, (removing the manual flywheel its like turbobricks backwards!) soon the box and it will go to its new owner.. hope the engine does not mind going from 940 to 240 :oogle:

flexplate.jpg

Been messing around with getting the trans on the toreque converter mated. I never had issues on this with the BW35 on my 144 but the mate of the AW71 proved harder, Ended up bolting up the transmission with the toreque converterto the block and then bolting it up to the flexplate. Seems like you need a angle and turn it for it to fit? Oh im just happy its all bolted on there now :-)

trans.JPG

Wanted to install the power steering rack from a 240 i bought .. but it looks like the subframe wont allow it?

240+steering1.jpg

240+steering.jpg

In better news after messing for 2 hours with the enginemounts and transmission got the engine in place :cool:

240+blok.jpg

Probably looks good in reallife, but you phone-pix are killing it.:-(
Will it be ready for the Elandrun this year? ;-) So it can be seen in the wild :D

Back