• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+t on high mileage

Cote1234

Hey I am new here, I know +t has been gone over several times, but I can't find anything on high mileage +t.

I have a 92 244 b230f manual with 350,000km (220k miles). I am thinking of a +t on it but I'm scared of the mileage and how well it will take it since this is my only car I don't want it to blow up. A b230ft swap is kinda out of question since I am planing to do a V8 swap in the future.

If you can let me know if it will be safe to do the +t or no. planning to build the car up but do not want to spend a **** ton on engine I'm planning to rip out in 2 years.

Last edited:
I +t'd mine at 275k

If it blows up ill pop the engine in my shed in and keep going. Also the NA blocks (before they're +t'd) seem to stay tighter after some miles compared to turbo blocks

Slap a turbo on it and see what happens. I swapped an abused worn out '86 engine with plenty of piston slap into my turbo 240 and so far the only issues have been a blown out head gasket and lots of blowby.

You're more likely to shred the manual trans than kill the engine.

The NA motors definitely stay tight. All the B230F's around the house have like new compression, with valve lash still in-spec at 300K-400K miles.

-Ryan

Meh. I've had many more issues out of my 150k b230f than I have had out of the 350k b230ft.

If its a solid stage 0, +t it. If it aint, +t it anyway.

Brilliant idea.. Everybody says the motors with 100% stock bottom ends are perfectly safe for ANY thing you can imagine up to 400 HP..totally stock..

DO IT!

EVERYBODY here couldn't possibly be wrong?

What is the worst that could happen?

Back