• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oil Cooler Question?

blue850t5

Wanting to add an oil cooler to my 850. I plan on mounting it behind the grill in front of the A/C. Here is the question; Do I mount it in series with the stock radiator cooler utilizing both or do I mount it as the sole cooler? Was planning on tapping into the existing lines from the block. Thee cooler is 4 x 11 alum. Thanks, Mark

Bypass the in-radiator cooler for that car. Being in Sac it never gets cold enough that you'll need to 'warm' the oil. A straight air-oil cooler will certainly run a lot cooler than the water-air cooler. It'll also take some load off the cooling system.

Bypass the in-radiator cooler for that car. Being in Sac it never gets cold enough that you'll need to 'warm' the oil. A straight air-oil cooler will certainly run a lot cooler than the water-air cooler. It'll also take some load off the cooling system.

Thanks Gary! I will be running it the way you suggested. Any idea on how to calculate cooler size for the application? The one I have came my way via a trade.

Agreed, if you are going to run a separate oil cooler just bypass the factory in radiator stuff.

You might find it takes longer for your oil to come upto temp though.

No idea really on the sizing. I just went with a decent sized one, a bit bigger than stock since I'm pushing things a lot harder than stock.

Back