• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vertigosity's Verdigris V8 Wagon

Howdy, nicely coming along. MS3pro supports DBW now, and analog AC request, and fans, and idle up features with fans.

I might have a look into that.

what type of steering rack are you running? zf or the other one?
It's CAM/TRW. There's definitely some monkey-room inside the cabin, I had my father push on the wheel gently and clearance happened, so I think I can get clearance from loosening stuff up in there and tightening it back up at a /slightly/ different angle.

Last week and yesterday: Finished making brake lines, mounted the proportioning valve to the inner fender, re-removed the whole shebang so the brake booster isn't in my way as I work on the clutch, and powered through soldering a large potion of wiring (joined my "standalone conversion" fuseblock to my harness, extended ECT/CLT and TAC leads, roughly placed the TAC inside the car, roughly routed the wires for AC, cruise control, instrumentation, switched power, fuel pump power, etc).

Today: spent some time not near the car, banging rocks together with my pedals - finally decided to stop futzing about with Mustang conversion master cylinders and reverse-swing pedals, take my own advice, and call up a welding-capable friends/family who can weld, to duplicate Volvorod85's hydraulic pedal conversion. Took a detour to do some therapeutic (although largely irrelevant until things like the clutch are sorted) instrument cluster work:
WWMmO2Ph.jpg

What gauges and little warning light strip is that?

Had my father do some welding (first thing he's welded in years, and we suspect our 120V MIG setup just isn't big enough), and I'm now a card-carrying member of the "cool stuff made with crappy looking but functional welds" club!
m5CyUqDl.jpg

I'm pretty excited. Everything else at this point is just procedural - finish the wiring, get a driveshaft made to length, add fluids, and do a test fire. After that, it's on to non-swap-specific stuff, like cleaning up the $400ishness of the shell and waiting in line for a set of Kaplhenke suspension parts!

Edit: Maybe I should add exhaust to the list before I get too ahead of myself, but, hey - progress!

Last edited:
Woohoo! Pedals: sorted.
Ground a bit off the backside of the clutch pedal's tab so my yoke could rotate (https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=10262, for the curious), and painted it. Everything else was just assembly :D
Beyond that, still slogging through little wiring details and figuring out the fuel system (decided to put the Corvette filter/regulator in the location usually occupied by the Bosch filter, and run the requisite 8ft of AN6 up to the engine), but I haven't had much shop time in the last few weeks.
8mTPSx6l.jpg

u0muQUkl.jpg

2qQhtwnl.jpg

It's worth noting: with the steering column mounted to the pedal hanger, the column assumes an angle that pushes it away from the manifold, giving it plenty of clearance, so I was worried about that ... for no reason.

Yup, did that. Once you've got the engine and transmission installed, it's a little late for that, lol.

Edit: Well, that's owing mainly to my hydraulic slave cylinder that requires the trans+bell to be installed together, YMMV.

Are you sticking with the stock pumps or changing to a higher pressure? These engine require 60psi to the fuel rail.

I'm starting out with 740TI pumps; the transfer pump should be sufficient, and if the main pump isn't, it should be a straight swap to an -044.

Yup, did that. Once you've got the engine and transmission installed, it's a little late for that, lol.

Edit: Well, that's owing mainly to my hydraulic slave cylinder that requires the trans+bell to be installed together, YMMV.
Well hopefully it doesn't cause issues like it does for many, it can ruin your input shaft bearings and cause shifting problems. Your only allowed .005

i did a corvette regulator and im running a single walbro 255 and i got solid pressure at the rail. just make sure if you do a single intank pump that you relay it and run bigger wiring to it, i ripped out all the stock wiring and relays and i have megasquirt controling the fp relay with a fused 10g wire off the power block by the battery

Bought and installed a single-piece driveshaft... one more piece in place. With the TKO on an M46 crossmember + STSmachining adaptor + Energy poly bushing, you will realistically need a 1310-sized Yoke (of which, a Neapco N2-3-15631X is basically the only available option), and use AW70 drop spacers. 46" yoke-to-yoke, 3" tubing, and aluminum because why not.

Still hacking through interior integration + instrumentation wiring... some random shots:
Fuel pump:
YzarXG6l.jpg

Instrument cluster set in place to get the wire lengths right:
j1yvxHhl.jpg

Should be a pretty quick run-up to a test-fire, assuming I don't spend too much time being anal about wire lengths and making pretty Metripack connections :lol:

Bought and installed a single-piece driveshaft... one more piece in place. With the TKO on an M46 crossmember + STSmachining adaptor + Energy poly bushing, you will realistically need a 1310-sized Yoke (of which, a Neapco N2-3-15631X is basically the only available option), and use AW70 drop spacers. 46" yoke-to-yoke, 3" tubing, and aluminum because why not.

Still hacking through interior integration + instrumentation wiring... some random shots:
Fuel pump:
YzarXG6l.jpg

Instrument cluster set in place to get the wire lengths right:
j1yvxHhl.jpg

Should be a pretty quick run-up to a test-fire, assuming I don't spend too much time being anal about wire lengths and making pretty Metripack connections :lol:

Why are using a stock Volvo pump, Why not get rid of that and use a walbro intank pump?

Already had one around as a spare for the '80, they're pretty easy to find in junkyards, and seem to last forever. Figured if it proved insufficient, it'd be a direct swap to an -044.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I got an -044 with Spoon's 242 (which I got this past weekend), might go ahead and do that shortly.

Already had one around as a spare for the '80, they're pretty easy to find in junkyards, and seem to last forever. Figured if it proved insufficient, it'd be a direct swap to an -044.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I got an -044 with Spoon's 242 (which I got this past weekend), might go ahead and do that shortly.

They flow less and this setup needs a constant 60psi of fuel pressure

Back