• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Unofficial IPD 2017 Thread - 06/17/2017 Portland, OR

i still haven't ****ing met carl.

Carl is everywhere. I can't talk for Carl, but I can tell you one thing. If Carl was here, he'd say: 'Get your ass in gear!' Carl comes in here occasionally bringing tapes, you know, to check up on me, what-not. And the places he talks about that he's been. The things he's seen. There's a great big beautiful world out there. And here I sit sucking on popsicles.

Carl says hi, talks for 5 minutes, then proceeds to cheerfully scamper on his merry way.

Carl is smart. Be like Carl.

I went, I saw, I bought, I drank, I banned. Yup, successful trip. lol

Phone said 112* in Orland yesterday on the drive back, 'feels like' said 121*. Yup, that's about right, and no AC in Ryan's car. Even the k-jets were overheating. That was a nasty accident on I5 north of the border, had about 15 miles of backlog when we rolled thru. Not sure what the accident was that closed I5 about 90 miles from Sac, but they had us diverted to a side road. An extra 30 minutes in traffic, in 110* heat...not so awesome.

I went, I saw, I bought, I drank, I banned. Yup, successful trip. lol

Phone said 112* in Orland yesterday on the drive back, 'feels like' said 121*. Yup, that's about right, and no AC in Ryan's car. Even the k-jets were overheating. That was a nasty accident on I5 north of the border, had about 15 miles of backlog when we rolled thru. Not sure what the accident was that closed I5 about 90 miles from Sac, but they had us diverted to a side road. An extra 30 minutes in traffic, in 110* heat...not so awesome.

Dang it. I was hoping to meet you. I was too busy helping my friend sell off his 10 year stash of Volvo parts out at the swap meet. I barely made it up to IPD to grab a burger and bottle of water to keep going.

I looked for cars I recognized. Met harlard briefly after the prank session. I'm hoping to be out for Volvos in the hood, but sounds like the wife may have made plans...

I'm the longhaired dude who was wearing a utilikilt...

-J

Oh, I was the long haired kid who talked about clusters, taillights, VDO bulb holders and was too TB to actually buy anything. Hopefully you had good success with everyone else.

My daughter's car now (not in photo), but I've always liked the black over silver PT's.

<snip>

My car is actually like this. Looks like some previous owner got tired of the peeling clearcoat: They painted the coffin, roof and window sills black all the way back to the D-pillar. Looks pretty good from a distance... Unfortunately they used spraypaint with bad prep, so it's peeling and the edges aren't straight, plus the vinyl trim on the windowsills is coming up.

i left so early i missed all the idiots on the road. except for I80 all the way home :omg:

That was a nasty accident on I5 north of the border, had about 15 miles of backlog when we rolled thru. Not sure what the accident was that closed I5 about 90 miles from Sac, but they had us diverted to a side road. An extra 30 minutes in traffic, in 110* heat...not so awesome.

:oops:

In my defense, they didn't have a K9800, sold their 10042 to someone else by the time I came back for it, don't sell VDO bulb holders separately (makes sense) and the only 240 driver's side taillight they had in stock was in about the same shape as my current one.

Which booth were you at Roy? Probably met me in passing. I spent the first nearly 2 hours in that lot, only made it around twice. I was there around 8.

cwdodson...you were around for the shens on Haralds car? Perhaps we met?

The reason for the bannination started out with Taro ASKING to be banned, then Eric just, well, walked away without even saying good bye when we left the food carts on saturday night. Total dick move. lol

Cwdodson had his big fluffy dog that looked like a black bear. Couldn't have missed that!

Which booth were you at Roy? Probably met me in passing. I spent the first nearly 2 hours in that lot, only made it around twice. I was there around 8.

cwdodson...you were around for the shens on Haralds car? Perhaps we met?

The reason for the bannination started out with Taro ASKING to be banned, then Eric just, well, walked away without even saying good bye when we left the food carts on saturday night. Total dick move. lol

I was at the far end, middle row, right next to the brown 1981 242 that was for sale.

Back