• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the height out back after the coil over install. Much more reasonable.

Heres another few pics of the mounting locations

Also I just love how it looks with the turbo just hangin out

Put about 150 miles on it today. Oil pressure is rock solid. Gotta work on the tune. The rear suspension is amazing, however, car has major traction issues

Did you leave the shock in front of the axle as well? What part number are these coilovers? I like that idea a lot. I would notch frame and inset the top eyelet for a another inch or two of travel, but other than that it looks good to me.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it from the pictures, but does the shock end ever hit the upper shock mount flanges? If they're mounted that way, high offset bushings might be nice to give it a bit more room for articulation.

Last edited:
When I saw the comments about double shear on the lower, I initially agreed completely...But I'm no suspension guru. Then yesterday I saw that you can buy out of the box coilovers mounts which are designed just like this, from Sweet Mfg and others. Not making judgment either way because I don't know what's right but just saying this seems to be an "accepted" mounting method in motorsports.

When I saw the comments about double shear on the lower, I initially agreed completely...But I'm no suspension guru. Then yesterday I saw that you can buy out of the box coilovers mounts which are designed just like this, from Sweet Mfg and others. Not making judgment either way because I don't know what's right but just saying this seems to be an "accepted" mounting method in motorsports.

It is more a design issue than a suspension issue. Sure it can be done as evidenced here and with other manufactures offering a similar design. However, it should be engineered for the dynamic loads that could be imposed. Race cars vs street cars, drag cars vs rally cars each would have its own limit. I don't think it will sheer off the bolt. My concern is that the connection would bend from the cantilever forces which is yield, and depending on the application yield is failure.
I am not an alarmist. The build is solid. I commented as the top bolt is in double sheer, and it would be "nice" to have the lower one as well. A 1/4" plate of A36 is pretty stout stuff, but it would be fairly easy to run some numbers on an axial load.
Rock on!

We will see what happens with it. I am very transparent with my builds so if anything does happen I will let you guys know. But I doubt it will. Also

Shoot, I for sure would not worry about the bottom mount being double shear, We run our dirt modifieds just like this:

xCIegG6m.jpg

and if we can do this with those cars, I wouldn't worry too much about a street car.

cU7WEiCm.jpg

Sorry about the random pics in your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back