• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

it was just parked, not broken.
in case there's questions as to which car did what
162574140.jpg

I haven't worked the bugs out, but I'm going to have to put a tire on it to do much beyond tuning 3rd gear at the track. I'm a little concerned that it'll start spinning in 3rd if I put much more to it (tho, the 940 hasn't, so.... ). I may get it back out to the track at the end of the month, but there are some gremlins that need to be addressed first.

Your timeslip has been recorded in the history books.

What kind of gremlins is Goldie facing? With traction is she ready to dip into the 10s?

Your timeslip has been recorded in the history books.

What kind of gremlins is Goldie facing? With traction is she ready to dip into the 10s?

yeah it should be back in the 10s in race trim (slicks and spray), if not faster.. the mph is only 3 or so off from what it mph'd last year on slicks and spray (the et is about a second or so behind from what I recall). It's got a timing drift problem that I hope someone can help me with or that my spare cas can solve.

drives fairly nice actually. except at low speeds and tight corners. ****in welded diff.

Still beat your 60' though, and I'm only on 225/45 S04's on a track with a 15 year history of piss-poor track prep.

Oh, yeah, and on mostly pump, 8v, and living in Cali.

So yeah, suck on that.

:-P

a little, it's missing abs (in the way, not for weight), ps and ac. inside it's missing the stereo and I think tell rubberized under carpet stuff. ps went because the pump started leaking ando throwing belts off.

Still beat your 60' though, and I'm only on 225/45 S04's on a track with a 15 year history of piss-poor track prep.

Oh, yeah, and on mostly pump, 8v, and living in Cali.

So yeah, suck on that.

:-P

Let's see.. no prep 225/50 pepboys specials. E85 is pump gas, 8v and cali are both your choices, sooooo

All I'm hearing is excuses for coming up 24mph short

Eh, straight E85 would have helped, 531 will help down the road, plus I was running full street trim, spare tire, tools, jug of water, a/c and p/s, the full setup, even down to LH. Hopefully late spring/early summer I'll get that MS box sent back to you for an update.

Cali, well, yeah, the yob still pays the bills.

I'm hoping for mid-12's from mine once the trans swap happens. Don't need or want anything much faster...already too risky driving it since it's too much fun. lol

Dang Kenny! That thing is leaving really good without nitrous. Looks like you have it making boost on the line now. Good stuff. What are you doing with the trans on the start line? Dropped it to first right at the launch... do you have a t-brake in that TH350?

----------------edit--------------
I added your new times. Take your place on the top step of the podium again.

Last edited:
We need Nate Kahler to step in and make us west coasters look less like a buncha chumps already.

Dang Kenny! That thing is leaving really good without nitrous. Looks like you have it making boost on the line now. Good stuff. What are you doing with the trans on the start line? Dropped it to first right at the launch... do you have a t-brake in that TH350?

----------------edit--------------
I added your new times. Take your place on the top step of the podium again.

no brake, just a slight of hand trick with the th400 and it's manual valve body. I actually got it to footbrake up to 30psi and 6000 rpms when I forgot to re-enable the launch limiter. I also forgot to drop it down into 1st initially on one pass, that was a bit awkward too.

OH, that was he magic 2-1-2 shift. LOL. I forgot you went to a th400 now. Those transmissions are weird in a 4 cylinder. I always felt like I could have used a bit lower first gear ratio. Or 4.10s in the rear maybe. And a looser converter. I could never get mine to spool without a little nitrous. But no doubt they are tough as hell. Probably not even sweating making 10 second passes. :-)

I'm going 3-1. It cruised through the traps at around 6900rpms on the 131 and 132mph passes, so with the 100 shot I'll be right back up against limiter even though the tires are taller than the last set of stickies. There's a trick with 4L80's that does the same thing, only electronically, so I thought I'd gamble and see if the 400 liked it. Seems to. It's probably going to cut down on service life, but so be it I suppose. It's actually very smooth, not violent at all (And only possible because of the manual valve body ;) ). I could probably pull it into shape with traction control and spray, but launching with the naws is going to be.... interesting..

Wow, I never realized you could do that....
So you are staging and foot braking in 3rd, because you can with a manual valve body. That lets you make more boost without putting so much torque to the tires and pushing through the lights, or spinning the rears... The lights go green and you slam it into first? Interesting trick. Seems like timing will be tricky if you ever need to cut a good light. But it certainly launches nice that way.

My valve body wasn't full manual, so I was always in 1st gear no matter where I had the shift lever.

I'm going 3-1. It cruised through the traps at around 6900rpms on the 131 and 132mph passes, so with the 100 shot I'll be right back up against limiter even though the tires are taller than the last set of stickies. There's a trick with 4L80's that does the same thing, only electronically, so I thought I'd gamble and see if the 400 liked it. Seems to. It's probably going to cut down on service life, but so be it I suppose. It's actually very smooth, not violent at all (And only possible because of the manual valve body ;) ). I could probably pull it into shape with traction control and spray, but launching with the naws is going to be.... interesting..

Wow, I never realized you could do that....
So you are staging and foot braking in 3rd, because you can with a manual valve body. That lets you make more boost without putting so much torque to the tires and pushing through the lights, or spinning the rears... The lights go green and you slam it into first? Interesting trick. Seems like timing will be tricky if you ever need to cut a good light. But it certainly launches nice that way.

My valve body wasn't full manual, so I was always in 1st gear no matter where I had the shift lever.

yeah it's not the most consistent thing, so I wouldn't do that well bracket racing, but it's not that bad if you don't start thinking about a bunch of stuff at the same time. I was trying to turn off the fans, watch the boost gauge, and sorta cut a light on the run I forgot to pull it down on. I achieved none of the three either hahaha.

Back