• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1994 940 cruise control issues

Ursan

Bored Member
1994 940 cruise control. I can see the vacuum motor, it's got a hose running to the actuator, but there seems to be a nipple that has nothing on it but two hoses that come from the back of the pump. Are those outlet?

Issue is the cruise works only at highway speeds and only just. I'm not sure if the pump is working, barely working or if there's a leak.

I'm going to check all the connections and the switch on the brake and see if that needs another o-ring again.

Anything else I can try? Is there a way I can test the pump? How many inches should it be pulling?

Can't shed much light but vacuum hoses would be first place to look, especially the elbows. I need to replace the elbow on mine because the inside bend has dry rotted badly. It doesn't look like it but when you flex it, there may be holes going clean through it.

There is a vent nip with nothing on it, I think.

Full shakedown of cruise would be learning how to read the various electrical signals using a high end multimeter or a scope. I was hoping to try this on my inoperable 86 740 cruise, but haven't yet.

Like everyone above said, vacuum leak. It is most likely at the brake pedal switch/valve. That port on the pump is supposed to be open, no line attached.

Back