• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shim settings for rsi stage 2

okoye

What should I shim the cam to? I'd like to get rid of the m cam that came in the 240 motor I swapped into my 940.

The shim settings are set for the motor not the cam aren't they? When I did my IPD Turbo cam I shimmed based on the specs in the manual anyway...

Just an FYI - I remember needing some thinner shims to get the lash right. Something about the base circle being smaller on the RSI cams I think. I don't think I was able to reuse any of the ones that were in with the factory cam. So maybe it would be worth it to do the kit rental deal :e-shrug:

Just an FYI - I remember needing some thinner shims to get the lash right. Something about the base circle being smaller on the RSI cams I think. I don't think I was able to reuse any of the ones that were in with the factory cam. So maybe it would be worth it to do the kit rental deal :e-shrug:

yeah I had to order some from eEuro when I went to the RSI2 cam, and some were just into spec with the thickest shim available.

I set mine up at book spec

Man... I had my head decked by a lot for the car I bought (blown HG) so with my IPD I had to use the thinnest shims to get even close to spec. *edit to appease the masses they did the valve seats and new hushers too. Regardless I needed the thinnest shims to get close to spec. Regardless I needed the thinnest shims to get close to spec. Regardless I needed the thinnest shims to get close to spec. Regardless I needed the thinnest shims to get close to spec.

Maaaad.

mcm___car_throttle_ama_q_a_feb-55365c05f2d0e.jpg

Last edited:
Umm..., decking the head won't change the valve lash. Grinding the valves and seats without tipping the valves an appropriate amount and the different base circle of the aftermarket cam does, however. If the cam journals in the head had to be align bored, that would also decrease valve lash.

Depending on the lobe profile, some aftermarket cams want tighter clearances.

Ultimately, this.

If you don't have that then here's the base B230 Lash / clearance specs:
Edit - Added to post as an attachment given the current image hosting uncertainty.

Attachments

• 9Qfj55y.png
    9Qfj55y.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Man... I had my head decked by a lot for the car I bought (blown HG) so with my IPD I had to use the thinnest shims to get even close to spec.

Maaaad.

And that was the moment the turbobricks community knew, this guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about...

Hopefully someone who once worked at RSI has some info on the correct setup

Hopefully someone who once worked at RSI has some info on the correct setup

Good luck. Talked to the person yesterday who owns all the rights to that stuff now. Can't even give out the most basic info to properly setup a stage II cam on an engine I'm trying to get running right. Something about fear of giving out manufacturing info. Can't get stuff dialed in on just lift and duration.

Like Erik said, RSI stuff belongs in the garbage.

Good luck. Talked to the person yesterday who owns all the rights to that stuff now. Can't even give out the most basic info to properly setup a stage II cam on an engine I'm trying to get running right. Something about fear of giving out manufacturing info. Can't get stuff dialed in on just lift and duration.

Like Erik said, RSI stuff belongs in the garbage.

Harlards car is the perfect example of trash can comment

Back