• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 TDI project

I believe that TDI has like 90 hp. Mine has 80. You oughta feel a real kick.

have a look at this,

its typical of most modern tdi engines.

getting to maximum torque at around 2000rpm up until about 4000rpm, I believe this is why they are low hp.

hear hear I say, well done that man.

I don't see why you would want 200RWHP, the economy would be similar to a petrol engine once you get to those levels of fueling.....

Awesome. I found Acme Adapters on the internet years ago and ever since then I've been occasionally thinking about a TDI in an older, lighter weight Volvo. Like a 2250 lb (with B18) PV, that would really scoot even with a stock TDI, much less a pepped up one.

The fun fact about tweaked TDI's is that they only use the extra fuel when you have the pedal on the floor. Drive them normally and they'll still get the original MPG (or at least really close). You tweak them to get more fuel and air in them at full output, but at lwoer power settings the same amount of fuel is required.

I don't see why you would want 200RWHP, the economy would be similar to a petrol engine once you get to those levels of fueling.....

no way man, do you know how diesels work?
They make power power by shoveling the most amount of air into the same spot. They have no throttle plate, its all controlled by how much fuel you thrown in, and then how much boost it makes.

So it can still keep the stock fueling, and when needed, throw more air in (bigger turbo or more boost) when it needs

if anything it will be more efficient

Please tell me you are going to fab up custom intake and exhaust manifolds. That engine begs for them, and you have ROOM!

Please tell me you are going to fab up custom intake and exhaust manifolds. That engine begs for them, and you have ROOM!

Yes, I have a BIG bag of weld ells and im just waiting on my flanges to show up. Stock intake mani is staying with a little modification.

Yes, I have a BIG bag of weld ells and im just waiting on my flanges to show up. Stock intake mani is staying with a little modification.

Dude, you have soo much room! Just mount quad 13c's in front of the engine! You can get them for cheap on here!

that engine is tiny, how heavy is it compared to the Volvo? from the look of it you'll have a nice weight balance.

looks like a great swap there Mike !!!

for those that don't "get it", they have never driven a modern nicely geared diesel car...people get hung up on the low HP numbers but don't realize that the available torque is phenomenol and addictive....drove a diesel Renault in France a few years ago and loved it, great around town car and it had no trouble cruising at 150kph on the highways which is faster than I'd drive around here on the freeways....

Back