• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I did notice that was odd was that on the number 1 cylinder the top and bottom rings were lined. That could be why the oil was getting diluted with fuel. So in the long run, I'm glad I tore the engine down. I should have done that from the beginning

A couple of weeks ago someone had a brand new Summit Racing iron block on craigslist for $300 , cannot find it right now.

so much for my old mindset of "if the junker breaks, just buy another junker"...lots of LSx swaps just talk through it exactly like that and it's easy to get hung up thinking that's okay. Your experience has shifted that for me, seeing that deadlines can be missed (but not for a madman like you who thrashes like a boss) and general fun can be delayed. Easier to tear-down from the beginning and feel more sure of it all. In that way, I thank you for sharing your misfortune with us, though I'm sorry it turned out that way.

Yep! It's been a learning experience for sure. Luckily the block is fine. Cam bearings are in and total out the door for the repair is about 100 bucks and a day's worth of time. I don't mind at all!

Got the engine block back this morning after I a little delay because I ordered the wrong cam bearings. I forgot the damn pickup tube at work otherwise it would have been in the car.

There are the two super roached cam bearings. Luckily my cam is okay.

What size plate did you use for the bottom mount? I like the bolt being in double sheer like the top mount. Appears beefy "enough"- just curious. Thanks

It's 1/4 inch thick plate. The trailing arms are being reinforced as well as the body mounts. Also got the rest of my parts today and finished assembly of the engine. Dropping it in here in the next few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back