• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

cankcase pressure problem

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
So I took the oil box out and cleaned it pretty well. I can blow through it no problem and it feels light, but it still fails the oil cap test and I can barely feel anything coming from the vent tube. If I shove a wire hangar down the small hole in the block it doesn't go very far and comes up with black crap on the end. Is it possible that the passage is blocked or is there just a turn in the tube or something?

There IS a turn in the tube, more like a capital letter H, but take away the top-right vertical line and the bottom-left vertical line.

So with the oil cap upside down it bounces around but doesn't fall off. Bounces around significantly more than my other car though. If I put it on without turning it it'll bounce around, other car doesn't do this. Oil is still seeping out of the oil cap.

When you have enough blowby the rings to overwhelm the PCV, you get this - assuming your PCV system is working properly.

Back