• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Found the leak... :lol:

nxuuIiYl.jpg

They definitely know...Fixed a few leaks and then the car starts acting up. Wheel bearings are making noise :grrr: Thankfully I had these on the shelf, but I'm getting a wee bit tired of this 744 :-P Glove box latch also failed so I'm thinking magnets :nod:

LUK2CHQl.jpg

1AqLE0tl.jpg

Haven't gotten to the magnets, but hopefully that's the solution to our glovebox woes :nod:

RF wheel bearing was 'sploded. Suspect LF will be the same story. Got one new one in. Have to trim the studs to put the spacers/wheels back on :cool:

oxpEqgcl.jpg

OGQ8RpOl.jpg

Last edited:
I need more boost :lol:

oBnGFxK.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lZOzBfTo-iw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Seeing how mine did against STS's white wagon, you definitely need some work man. lol

Just need all the stuff you have lol. I think a tune/chips will be the thing to wake this car up :nod:. In my defense...that was a 40 roll and the wagon has long legs. It's less of a whooping from a dig. Did manage to handle a CTS 3.6 from 20-120 :cool: It's nice living so close to Mexico ;)

Agreed :nod: I just like that Dad and I have some friendly motivation. Hopefully you and the Sacto crew can come down sometime :cool:

WNJNbEnl.jpg

Agreed :nod: I just like that Dad and I have some friendly motivation. Hopefully you and the Sacto crew can come down sometime :cool:

WNJNbEnl.jpg

I know of at least 4 peeps (Gary has two show ready rides by himself :wtf:) here locally, I want to organize a trip down there one of these days. Or even a local meet for C&C Folsom soon.

Eh, my wagon really needs a little prep to be fully show worthy, little stuff. The 140, yeah, it's down for the count until I figure out the oil leak and get a radiator in it.

I know of at least 4 peeps (Gary has two show ready rides by himself :wtf:) here locally, I want to organize a trip down there one of these days. Or even a local meet for C&C Folsom soon.

It would be great to have you all down for a meet :cool: Volvos are well received in Modesto's car scene

Trying out the magnet fix on the glove box. Just waiting for the epoxy to dry before I test it. Cut a magnetic washer in half and then put in 2 screws that looked OEM enough. I probably should have painted the magnet black, but if it works I will hardly ever see it :cool:

7e9dnUTl.jpg

4b2i6Trl.jpg

Ended up moving the magnet and adding a second screw for more contact. Works okay so far, but next time I will use stronger/ more aesthetically pleasing magnets

TBlJLQVl.jpg

So I fix the front wheel bearings and the glove box explodes. Fix the glove box and the turn signal relay starts acting up :lol:

zNY1cRvl.jpg

The car is still magically losing coolant somewhere. I'm thinking water pump because I never did do it to this car (gave the one I had to my Dad). Anyone want to buy a 744? :-P

Got the front wheel bearings setup and installed thanks to advice from the maintenance & non performance part of TB :nod:

After some test drives, the car is now profusely sweating horsepower on the garage floor :lol: Seems like water pump and front cam seal

S6M1d2xl.jpg

bCjCOAol.jpg

I'm in the market for a suitable shortblock to freshen up if anyone local sees this :cool:

Last edited:
i don't see any oil. so cam seal likely OK.

It's probably the waterpump seal between pump and head . I seem to remember that you can get them separately (without the pump)
Remove pump (might as well check the pump bearings, axel play and impellor > if OK, remove old seal from pump > clean sealing surface on the block and pump > use new gasket > install pump loosely > pry pump upward against head in order to make the new pump seal do it's job > fix the pump fasteners while prying > check + top off coolant level > run engine until warm and check for leaks.
Also pay attention to the heaterpipe seal! That one likes to leak as well, gooping it up with paste gasket helps to make it seal.

Ordering polished caps that don't say STANCE on them :nod: Definitely like it more than painted Okie-chrome silver
(wheels are dirty)
yHUi4JPl.jpg

nodT07cl.jpg

I want to add a volvo logo to the center caps. Debating silver or black :e-shrug:

BTW Thanks Janspeed for the thorough notes! Water pump ordered. Hoping to do the work Tuesday :cool: I still think the cam seal is leaking (or possibly weeping like Gary mentioned). Car is losing oil somewhere and the head above the water pump is moist. Will post pics during daytime in better lighting.

Wanted to say thanks to all of you for offering your thoughts on the car and my maintenance issues :nod: Tb is good people

Edit:

Throwback photo with my aunt's BMW Isetta 300 to keep me motivated

vmX88fLl.jpg

Last edited:
Back