• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Making progress again.

A couple months ago I bought a 90 240 mostly to grab sheet metal from and some odds and ends. It was cheaper to buy the entire car then to go to PnP and grab pieces.

161188138.jpg

Max promptly got to work with the proper tools
161188148.jpg

Which looks like this. Fenders, brackets, core support and headlight panels.

After this I actually pulled it back off and pulled the motor and trans back out. The goal is to get it ready to go or at least present to the body shop.
161188141.jpg

161188142.jpg

Flathood on
161188143.jpg

Rear gate and DS doors and such
161188144.jpg

Couldn't resist a mockup with the NOS early style door panels. Going to look great!

That's about it for that. I'm still trying to find the brackets for the PS door hinges (the triangles inside the car). They must be at the shop somewhere.

161188140.jpg

Couldn't resist throwing the gauge cluster (still in mockup mode) in the parts cars dash

AND so there's some volvo'ish content here is one of our guitars in Redwood Metallic (this 245's original color)
161188145.jpg

and something porsche'ish
161188146.jpg

:D

Dude, I love that instrument cluster. It's like a spin on the Rallye cluster with a hint of classic Americana vibe.

Can't wait to see the car gleaming in that Fiat pistachio gelato green.

I'm soooo jealous for your nos door panels! I can really use an early type set like that in dark brown.
Love the silver dollar cluster. :cool:

Your parts car has an electric sunroof?!? $$$

Yep it did. I thought about pulling it but was lazy. The guy who I sold the shell to I guess will profit (though I stole the switch by accident :rofl:)

Dude, I love that instrument cluster. It's like a spin on the Rallye cluster with a hint of classic Americana vibe.

Can't wait to see the car gleaming in that Fiat pistachio gelato green.

Thanks! I'm still futzing with it. I've thought about raising the tach and dropping the outer to give it some look dimensionally. The only problem with that is I'll lose the OEM warning light spots (or most of them). Now I guess I can laser 3 pieces, a backer to mount the warning lights too, a middle honeycomb and the decor panel back lasered. Actually... I might try this.

nice oompaa loompaa working for ya

He is so cute! He's finally getting to the point where he can hang out in the garage and actually stay in the garage. He gets really mad if I work with out him.

I'm soooo jealous for your nos door panels! I can really use an early type set like that in dark brown.
Love the silver dollar cluster. :cool:

Thanks!!

No flush mount rear hatch????

Naw. To lazy and I like the look of the original hatch.

Nice to see some progress on this one!

Feels good to make a little fake progress on it. I need to go drop the head off at the machine shop today actually.

My car doesn't even have a sunroof so this is clearly for someone else to figure out/track down. I can't believe you didn't pull it though, that's a unicorn find.

Back