• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finished my fuel cell

That looks really clean. Nice choice in hose, I use that myself.

Nice!
Why not plumb a filler to behind the gas cap?
Does it have a breather with a rollover valve?

Thats nice, how far under the car does it go?

basically the same as the stock tank.

Nice!
Why not plumb a filler to behind the gas cap?
Does it have a breather with a rollover valve?

Im eventually going to change the filler location...just not now.

It has 2 breathers w/ rollover valves. they are the 2 AN lines in the corners toward the front of the car

Looks good. How is it attached, did you add some structure under the flange, or is it bolted to sheet metal? We probably overbuilt the cage, but ours is not moving in a crash! One of the guys on our team just put this in our 24hr lemons car: http://www.pbase.com/towerymt/inbox&page=43 It's all 1/8" steel angle and box tube. 24gal cell.

Its a fuel cell. Aeromotive sells them in 15 or 20 gallon flavors with an A1000 or Eliminator pump included. Might have other choices of fuel pumps, not too sure.

Looks good. How is it attached, did you add some structure under the flange, or is it bolted to sheet metal? We probably overbuilt the cage, but ours is not moving in a crash! One of the guys on our team just put this in our 24hr lemons car: http://www.pbase.com/towerymt/inbox&page=43 It's all 1/8" steel angle and box tube. 24gal cell.

Its just on the sheet metal no extra supports.

Good question. The Aeromotive I had in my Supra had a bladder, but that was 6 years ago. I guess the OP will have to answer that for us.
So there's a bladder in there? Nothing on Aeromotive's website suggests it to be more than an aluminum box.

No there is no bladder. If i was running in a class where the car needed a bladder I would have gotten an ATL or similar brand cell with a bladder but that simply is not the case. The way it is set up now allows me to go that route very simply without much modification.

No there is no bladder. If i was running in a class where the car needed a bladder I would have gotten an ATL or similar brand cell with a bladder but that simply is not the case. The way it is set up now allows me to go that route very simply without much modification.

What class are you running?

What class are you running?

Just HPDE, open track days....Hopefully ill be TT by end of the upcoming season.

Back