• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

qvLMf9nm.jpg

Friend of ours gave me this intake manifold for my 242 project :cool: I've never seen a throttle plate with this kind of spring loaded valve on it. Can anyone school me on how that works? Just curious. I will be swapping the throttle body for my LH2.4 setup

87YuN58l.jpg

T9rArsCl.jpg

QZmlhgHl.jpg

Last edited:
That spring valve was on all 240 Turbo throttles. It's a pressure relief valve for when the throttle closes under boost.
Dave B

qvLMf9nm.jpg

Friend of ours gave me this intake manifold for my 242 project :cool: I've never seen a throttle plate with this kind of spring loaded valve on it. Can anyone school me on how that works? Just curious. I will be swapping the throttle body for my LH2.4 setup

87YuN58l.jpg

T9rArsCl.jpg

QZmlhgHl.jpg

We tried that manifold on an LH2.4 rally car. Not much better then the original 2.4 manifold.
It only got better when we installed a throttle body from a B234F. (flows enough air for 159hp stock) This did require hogging out the manifold and making an adapter piece.

Thanks for the heads up Janspeed :nod: Stock manifold will go back to being the plan.

Dad bought a '93 945 turbo from a local Volvo mechanic for $600 :omg:

HnWGNZJl.jpg

Remembered that I had a spare set of mudflaps for the brodozer. Installed them for +5 steez. Want to make or find a set for the front.

OnkvS2kl.jpg

4lCe4FMl.jpg

Finding parts for the 242. Ready to start tinkering with it again :cool:

cy3eOUTl.jpg

The wagon was leaking profusely, so we did a pan gasket and trans filter. Bit messy, but really easy :nod: My neighbor caught my daughter and I on the roof trimming trees back :lol: Also spotted a VERY nice amazon wagon in downtown Modesto. Hope everyone is doing well! :wave:

XH6ZuoTl.jpg

C2W8NGJl.jpg

whk37ral.jpg

Just when you thought the wagon couldn't get more boring...someone gave me a set of stock GLE wheels with decent tires. Winning :lol:

5u14Iqkl.jpg

Also cleaned up the grill

KlC4mvCl.jpg

YAoBTgil.jpg

So it looks like our wrecked wagon has a B23F. Anything special about these? Car was running like a top before it was wrecked. Nice quiet engine :cool:

vutPz5Sl.jpg

KokBAJrl.jpg

Engine is out of lunchbox's wagon. Replacement ready for tomorrow. Had some Volvos by for a lunch BBQ :cool:

IjoNig1l.jpg

Rs1eiWHl.jpg

L7mGFYZl.jpg

MX34vzsl.jpg

Last edited:
Back