• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Hooked up the old Mopar wire harness. More or less. Swapped 240 / 740 ecu ?s. Had intermittent fuel spray. It sort of tried to start. No spray right now. I?m lost.

Beginning to think that EZK might be a better option than Breakerless. Especially since the car was originally an LH 2.2/Chrysler car to begin with. I had enough issues trying to get a B23F swapped '85 245DL running, and I only went from LH 2.2/Chrysler to LH 2.0/Chrysler. Would try to run once in a blue moon while cranking it over. Harness on the B23F was in better shape than the harness from the B230F, otherwise, I would've stuck with 2.2 and had a running car with oil pressure.

I also would not plan on driving the car to Tacoma on Saturday. Better to catch a ride with one of the other guys or to bring the BMiniW instead and just park in the normal customer parking lot area. There's a reason why I didn't bring the 245 down to iPd. Knew that something might happen on the trip down or back and didn't want to chance it. So, I took the Exploder.

Does anybody know where to plug the coil into the ecu so it gets an RPM signal and runs the fuel pumps?

Thx.

Yeah it's coil negative into the grey wire that sits underneath the intake. It's a double plastic spade. one side is the orange wire that comes from the TPS #2 and runs to the ecu, and the other side is a grey wire. The grey one is the one you want.

I feel like I basically did the same swap you did, except I had a 2.0 car, that I converted to 2.2 with a 2.2 harness. Then did a +t with breakerless ignition, until I went EZK.

Yeah it's coil negative into the grey wire that sits underneath the intake. It's a double plastic spade. one side is the orange wire that comes from the TPS #2 and runs to the ecu, and the other side is a grey wire. The grey one is the one you want.

I feel like I basically did the same swap you did, except I had a 2.0 car, that I converted to 2.2 with a 2.2 harness. Then did a +t with breakerless ignition, until I went EZK.

You stud.

She runs!!!

Wow! Good job!
I hope thats not piston slap though, because it sounds just like that and its right on time. :rofl:

When I first saw the instagram video, I was VERY afraid that something was extremely wrong inside the engine. Then I realized it was someone clapping.

Congrats man! So close to snail power!

Coolant leaks / oil leaks. Oil pressure gauge working. Won't idle.

Took the MINI up to the Griot's Swedish car show in Tacoma. Hung out with John, got to meet Brandon. Had a blast.

045-M.jpg

044-M.jpg

024-M.jpg

013-M.jpg

005-M.jpg

Last edited:
Great meeting you and the wife, she's a great cheerleader!

It runs! Next lets chase down those leaks, you're so close it hurts to think about!

Whenever I come up to help I'll bring that cargo tray if you want, just let me know.

Back