• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Advance/retard timing on EZ116K

Interesting reading about the ICU mod to a LH3.1.

Question: Will it work with ECU # 0 280 000 572?
That's the ECU in my 91 245 M47 LH 3.1.

as mentioned above the mod is to the EZK box

the mod works fine on my LH3.1 car, but no were near as well as a good ignition chip .

301003_10150302681771560_543391559_8706142_856135576_n.jpg

Did this mod yesterday in a 1993 244 with an automatic, ipd VX cam and ipd exhaust. Did four 0-60 runs (two standard timing, two advanced) with 3 guys in the car (about 3550 lbs total) with a GTech Pro and got 11.45 and 11.27 for standard timing and 11.07 and 10.91 for the +3. The math says that's a 3-5 hp pickup. Not bad for almost free.

So what about using an old dizzy like i have installed now, the one with mechanical and vacuum adv. i have it set right in the middle on the adjustment area. Is it neccasary to do thid mid with that particular dizzy since its always adjusting via eng rpm and vacuum. or should i get one thats non-adjustable and perform mod??

noob question: complete electricity noob; what is meant by "grounding"... take the desired pin out of the connector and ground it, or splice a wire from ground to desired wire/pin?

and where the heck is the ezk box in a ?93 940? EDIT; nevermind, finally found out about location of the ezk in the chipping faq

Last edited:
if running high boost with the cam advance wouldnt you want to retard the timing to prevent detonation/preig?

which is better? leave cam straight up and advance timing or advance cam/ retard timing on boosted b230ft lh 2.2?

if running high boost with the cam advance wouldnt you want to retard the timing to prevent detonation/preig?

which is better? leave cam straight up and advance timing or advance cam/ retard timing on boosted b230ft lh 2.2?

We'll I ran high boost and used the timing advance grounding trick and also used E85.... So depends on your fuel also...

Also if your running lh2.2 you can adjust your timing by moving your distibutor, this is for lh2.4....

Like pete says above you switch it with the car off, don't do it on the fly...

complete electricity noob question; what is meant by "grounding"?... take the desired pin out of the connector and ground it, or splice a wire from desired wire/pin to ground?

okay, so the ones i want to ground, 18+19 for instance, I wire from connector to ground? thet rest of the wire is just not for use?

So pin 18 + 19 straigth from connector to ground?

(Sorry, noob :-/ )

Yes and the other trick is there usually isn't any of those pins and wires in the 18 or 19 but you can get those pins and wires from say the radio plug or other plugs in any old volvo harness you have laying around.

right were too start. im from the uk, got a 95' 940 estate with the b230FK engine, mods are... t28 turbo custom exhaust brought a sst chip for the ecu which has had the fuel cut removed and also the rev limiter removed aswell, with these mod on and working im able to run 1.0bar of boost (14-15psi) but nothing more that that other wise i get shut down and loose all power but does come back after a few seconds. Im interested to know that if i do the ezk mod would this get rid of the shut down also stop the pinging that im getting. cheers for any help :)

Back