• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Street Car

any b234 240.

i have to ask, why the b234? less work than b230 besides mounts? by the way very nice! cant wait to see more!
I didn't know the B234 had different mounts.

Having said that, it looks like a similar design might also work well for a B23 or B230 in a 240? They look like they'd control engine movement better than normal 240 mounts.

What's this? Secret switch?

photo+4.JPG

And, what size cutter did you use on the flywheel? 10-12mm or so? Have you tried this before with a standard ECU/sensor? I'm about to do the same, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks

What's this? Secret switch?

And, what size cutter did you use on the flywheel? 10-12mm or so? Have you tried this before with a standard ECU/sensor? I'm about to do the same, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks

That's for adjusting boost by turning the original vent control knob. Here's a thread I posted earlier: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=284588

I think I used a 3/8" endmill. I haven't turned the engine over yet, but 77volvo245 has been selling largely identical flywheels for a while and they seem to work great: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=251267

I didn't know the B234 had different mounts.

Having said that, it looks like a similar design might also work well for a B23 or B230 in a 240? They look like they'd control engine movement better than normal 240 mounts.

I asked him about it the other day...I think I'm gonna try and whip some up for my car, and if they're successful, I'll see about doing a GB of some sort. I've got access to a 3 axis CNC, the ability to draw basic stuff in CAD and a buddy who's an excellent welder.

Now I just need a couple old torque rods...

I asked him about it the other day...I think I'm gonna try and whip some up for my car, and if they're successful, I'll see about doing a GB of some sort. I've got access to a 3 axis CNC, the ability to draw basic stuff in CAD and a buddy who's an excellent welder.

Now I just need a couple old torque rods...
That would be excellent. I'm sure many of us would like a bolt on solution which controls engine movement properly while also lasting a long time.

I'd definitely buy a set from the first batch.

Downpipe got some love tonight. Welded up a couple of pinholes, added an O2 bung, and sanded the flange flat.

Alex made this nice aluminum catch can that'll go next to the wiper motor.
photo%25202.JPG

I just made some -10 weld fittings for it.
photo.JPG

-10 to -10 coupler from McMaster ($7). Chop it in half and dress the ends. Took me about 10 minutes to do these four. Cheaper than paying $10 a piece for weld fittings.

Last edited:
-10 to -10 coupler from McMaster ($7). Chop it in half and dress the ends. Took me about 10 minutes to do these four. Cheaper than paying $10 a piece for weld fittings.

Good idea. These are the sort of details I love. Keep them coming.

Welded a bracket to the compressor housing to hold the wastegate actuator. The bracket has M6 rivnuts in it.
photo.JPG

I have no idea where this actuator came from, but I tested it and it cracks at 4psi and is wide open at 12psi.

Thanks, I'd not seen that before. What clutch are you going to use? I'm going to fit a 850R clutch connecting to a M90 box.

It's a mystery pressure plate with an unsprung 4-puck disc.

Be careful doing that for anything that will see hard use- a random Mcmaster thing is probably 6061 but many AN fittings are not made from alloy that's considered weldable (2024 is common).

Back