• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

Most of y'all have seen this, but here's the design for the decal this year. Depending on price, I may have some of a second design made as well.

hSjdjij.png

Side note: I have TONS of Volvo crap I need to get rid of. I'm thinking about loading it all onto a trailer and having a fire sale. Alternatively, we can just roll over to my shop on Friday or Saturday for anyone interested. I've got motors, transmissions, harnesses, ecus, accessories, the list goes on and on...

I got this stuff

Miscellaneous stuff (We may add to this group, check back)
Sliced cheese for burgers
Basic salad fixings
Cheddar cheese
Fruit
Case or three of water

Anyone that wants to give up/sell a bed to me for friday & saturday night i'd be quite appreciative.

Regardless, I will bring tent/bag/etc gear for myself or anyone else that might need it.

I will bring stickers.

Long-range forecast looks perfect.

XDbs0Ux.png

As an added bonus, fall is coming early this year. Should be a decent amount of color in the higher elevations for y'all to see next weekend.

I took these yesterday.

iTmwVLjh.jpg

tMaIEN3h.jpg

me too?

Side note: I have TONS of Volvo crap I need to get rid of. I'm thinking about loading it all onto a trailer and having a fire sale. Alternatively, we can just roll over to my shop on Friday or Saturday for anyone interested. I've got motors, transmissions, harnesses, ecus, accessories, the list goes on and on...

Along these lines, I have items I can bring along to sell at Mountain Meet. Think many of you will be interested. Holset HX40/35 & custom manifold acquired from Jared/propav8r/Eamonn/hockey930, two 16V heads and swap hardware acquired from Derrick/940guy, 8V RSI eco valvetrain, 38/46 valves, and other. Not going to have the time or space for a real build(s) for a while.

Will make a big for sale post and can have it all available at Mountain Meet

At this point I'm planning on coming Thursday night and bringing my 122. It made it last time and MS was much less happy than it is now. It still needs a lot of help in that department but should get me there as it is.

I'm late to the game, but I'm thinking that I'd like to come out in my 122. We'll probably show up late on Friday.

Exhaust is going on the wagon today and once I swap the transmission out, we'll be good to go.

Looks like I'll be bringing the 122 for now. I'm going to daily drive it this week and next to work out any bugs before the meet, but so far so good. Looks like we'll have a pretty good vintage turn out this year.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be bringing the 122 for now. I'm going to daily drive it this week and next to work out any bugs before the meet, but so far so good. Looks like we'll have a pretty good vintage turn out this year.

Wes is coming in from Winston in his 122 as well.

Edit// Nevermind, there's Wes.

We still have a couple unclaimed food groups up there...anybody want to jump in?

Dana said he'd pick up some ground beef, but given that that's not the cheapest option and he's already helping out in a big way with some other stuff, anybody want to help with that? (Preferably someone who will be there Thursday night or early Friday so we can have it for Friday lunch/dinner...)

Last edited:
I'm gonna start saying this now... Please use this location as your destination.

There is no "proper" address for the lodge. This link will get your very close.

After about 2pm on Thursday, I will not have cell service. If you get lost/have questions/whatever, call the landline at the lodge after 3:00. 828-293-9922

Check in is 3:00pm on Thursday. If you're coming in via Franklin and want to head up with me, we can roll up together. Just let me know.

http://tinyurl.com/jkt65yj

mW1v0k2h.png

Last edited:
We still have a couple unclaimed food groups up there...anybody want to jump in?

Dana said he'd pick up some ground beef, but given that that's not the cheapest option and he's already helping out in a big way with some other stuff, anybody want to help with that? (Preferably someone who will be there Thursday night or early Friday so we can have it for Friday lunch/dinner...)

Hey Dana, I probably won't be there until mid/late Friday afternoon, is there any way I could send you money to help out on the burger meat?

I'd rather not buy a bunch of meat and put it in a 54-year-old car for a 10-hour drive. it's faintly possible that I won't make it. Wife is on standby and ready to head out with a dolly and a 4Runner as it is. :rofl:

Hey Dana, I probably won't be there until mid/late Friday afternoon, is there any way I could send you money to help out on the burger meat?

I'd rather not buy a bunch of meat and put it in a 54-year-old car for a 10-hour drive. it's faintly possible that I won't make it. Wife is on standby and ready to head out with a dolly and a 4Runner as it is. :rofl:

Between Dana, Kenny, and Carson, we've got the ground beef covered. I think we've got all the food covered at this point.

If you'd like, just bring a few bucks to throw in the donation pot.

Looking forward to seeing you again man. Good luck in the PV!

So it says 'mac and cheese'

Feeding 25+ people on legit mac and cheese is probably out of the "mrbill mountainmeet budget" but Kraft blue box is pleb ****.
Thoughts?
I could tuck my yamaka for the weekend.
I found this recipe, which looks inexpensive, but might suck?

http://www.epicuricloud.com/blog/2014/4/2/macaroni-cheese-for-a-crowd-recipe

I'm fine with Kraft. Wren was vehemently opposed, but I can promise that it WILL get eaten. It's also not a hard-and-fast requirement...more of a nice-to-have.

Back