• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

IIRC it has no fins inside so it's kinda lacking. If you ever want an upgrade Evo 8 IC works well and they're cheap. (harald put one in his car).

yeah. i've got a plethora of options at IC should I decide to ditch the 940 unit. when I get ms on the car, it'll answer questions about how well the thing works.

I'm thinking pvc running across the front of the engine bay to bypass the intercooler. this sucking shut at 4500 **** has got to go.

also need to adjust the kickdown, it's 'lazy' right now (probably a difference in spools there, the aw72 has a different 'cam' on the valve body), wouldn't be so bad if it'd turn up but it won't. also need to get the last 2k tuned out. fuel map is a little jacked up still, but hey. going to start fabbing up the stuff for the ms install when I get back in town.

and fixed the intake hose collapsing issue (cheated, used hose clamps). now it pulls a vacuum above 4500 at WOT. stupid intercooler. I'm going to have to turbocharge the damn thing just to get it to act right. oh well, july projects, we have arrived.

****ing with the timing maps some more, it seems to be getting a bit better. Starting to work out the dead spots a little at a time. if it wasn't so damn hot I'd be able to tell a little better, the compressor running all the time saps a bit and deadens the overall affect.

quit being a vage and turn the ac off. we have all done it before, some sweat aint gonna kill you. just put some saranwarp over your keyboard

I don't have a switch on the dash for it right now, otherwise I'd turn it off for testing and back on afterwards. do not want to be sweating my ass off in work clothes either.

piled timing on the map (which, incidentally, is about as effective as the oft maligned ms 8x8 junk) above ~2500, like LOTS of timing. not sure this ezk stuff is as hashed out as previously thought.. anyway, car seemed to like it. I guess I could push it a little further and see what happens. still has zero ****ing low end, not sure what the deal there is. I'll have to fudge with that.. those numbers are SUPER ULTRA high resolution, for a map that doesn't really need to be.. it's like it's got an 8x8 for 400rpms to 2300 rpms, and then from 2300 rpms all the way out to 6600 rpms there's another 8x8. with an auto you almost never hit anything below 2000rpms with any kind of load, so about half the map is functionally useless.

it was always a dog with EZK. It's like you really have to unlock the timing with MS. I never figured it out, and i don't think anyone has actually verified a reputable conversion factor yet for ezk timing.

finally tracked down a metal donut gasket for the exhaust, it's much quieter now but I think it's even slower still. wtf :(

got the dash halfway apart so I can do the heater core and fix the vacuum control for the center vents. if it's going to be DSS, it's at least going to have good ac.

has anyone put a pusher fan on a later model car to help with a/c at idle/in traffic?

my 90 740 had a pusher for the ac. should be able to retro fit one of those. how about you get fancy and rig up a water sprayer for the condenser? home depot has the stuff for it....

hm maybe. fixed the vent issue (at least temporarily), damaged part of the a/c box in the process.. just the part that ducts to the feet/rear foot area. damnit.
Swapped to the car cams to see if that corrected another issue, and it's slightly more anemic. Oh well, that only took half an hour, I'll put the penta cams back in later if I feel the need. A/c is working well enough now to at least survive this summer. gotta get the turbo on this heap of ****, it's dangerously slow.

Back