• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Joined the Beige Club - '78 242DL

Thanks man, I appreciate the vote of confidence :)

Hoped to get a little tinker time in tonight but other priorities took precedence. My boy turns 2 tomorrow (where has the time gone?!) and had to take care of some party preparations tonight. Apparently he wants to be Mr. Potato Head instead of being 2:

207380_1997577704941_1408454578_2441529_3649459_n.jpg

Deck finished, 2 year old birthday party over, Easter weekend over, back to having a little bit of time for the 242
yikes.png

Poly:

DSC_2818.JPG

28mm front bar + manual rack:

DSC_2821.JPG

Wiper wire harness done:

DSC_2820.JPG

Found some pretty nasty rust on the front left strut tube... so I decided those will be coming off and I'll be building coilovers for the front. Likely excuse right :rofl: Not going to go all out on these ones though -- not shortening the tubes or going fancy pancy strut cartridges. Just nicer tubes converted and I'll be using the Bilsteins that are already on the 242. Oh and these on top:

183554_1657827684556_1203030776_31419662_3557129_n.jpg

Last edited:
The black is really going to make that bay look amazing. I can't wait to see this thing fully loaded and completely tucked. Also what camera are you using Cam?

The black is really going to make that bay look amazing. I can't wait to see this thing fully loaded and completely tucked.

Thanks -- I think the black looks great in there too! I'm happy with how the bay is coming along so far. I really am trying to get it as "bare" & simple as possible in there. How it sits now is how it should be from here on out. Only additional wires will be for the engine, but they'll all be tucked in tight to the motor under the intake manifold and should only "expose themselves" in the one large bundle where they pass through the firewall at the back of the head. I'll be cutting off the big gray rectangular connector from the new engine harness as It's big, ugly and unnecessary. There's only 4 wires in that connector and the connector is big enough for like 8. I'll get a nice small 4 pin connector that's more discreet and easily blended/tucked.

Also what camera are you using Cam?

The good pics are with a Nikon D40 and the crappy ones like the camber plate pic above are with my cell phone.

Almost looks like the set of plates I sold to Jordan a few years ago.

oh so 2004!
93433981.jpg

It's a retro car so they're fitting :rofl: Looks like the exact same ones in your pic. I bought them off Billy/Knox.

ohhhh nice. scored some v2 plates ehhh? they should.get the job done

You'll be happy to know I just got back into the house from the garage after painting the top plates BEIGE.

Hey how does that paint hold up to gas,oil,scratches, etc?

The SEM satin black? Haven't doused it in gas or oil or anything, but it's pretty tough. It's an exterior paint and I've used it on tons of bumpers, trim, window surrounds, etc. with excellent results. Very durable in my experience.

I just did mine with some tractor/implement paint. Right away you can tell the paint is so much thicker than any other spraypaint. but I dont think anything is really going to hold up lol.
I will be keeping up with your build to see how it holds up.

I tried my hardest today to find beige spark plug wires and/or dust boots to no avail. I'm sorry Cameron.

Don't worry, there'll be plenty more beige when I assemble/paint the motor and all it's associated parts :)

Those end links are not as clean as I expected. :doh:

:oops: But they're rustproofed now. Trying no to get tooooooo carried away with this car.

Back