• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Big tach responding to power instead of rpm.

So...interestingly, with everything back together, there's no continuity in the flex fuse. Is there any objection to soldering a wire? Does the flex fuse do anything special?

So...interestingly, with everything back together, there's no continuity in the flex fuse. Is there any objection to soldering a wire? Does the flex fuse do anything special?

Nothing special. It keeps a dead short in the speedometer gauge from setting the wiring harness back to the ignition switch on fire. I know, fat chance.

I'd do it for a test, then finding that fixed things, spend more time locating the open circuit within those two inches. I'm sure others would just leave the jumper in place, or better, replace the flex fuse with say one strand pulled from a piece of lamp cord. :)

Well this just gets weirder. I got it all installed and it did the same thing, THEN it dropped down and started working like a tach should. I give up. I'm just gonna drive it tomorrow and see what happens. :lol:

Well the tach is working as before. No clue what kind of hissy fit it was throwing. Temp faker gone and replaced by a jump lead, and everything works. Well, the odo works when the speedo hasn't given up the ghost, but I suspect that's the wiring at the diff so I'll check that out when I can. Thanks for the help! I'll chime back in if it turns out to be flakey, though at that point I'd probably just replace the board.

Back