• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to get these hose clamps?

Art, when following your intank pump replacement writeup like a year ago, I decided to use these clamps instead of typical worm clamps or the ones OP is trying to find. I found them much easier to use because I could just slip 90 degree pliers in there and take it off. Is there any reason I shouldn't have used these? The hose did not seem to slip and all and I have no leaks. I used them on the feed and return, still no leaks.

No good reason I know of. Depending on where it is, for example on the tank sender outlet nipple, I have trouble grabbing all three tangs of the spring clamps even with bent pliers in tight spots. The clamps pictured below (from OP's OP) are the one's I want. Even from Volvo. But I've been unable to make certain of the p/n for that particular size. These are easy to tighten and loosen again until they rust, and the hose doesn't extrude through the worm gear slots.

And, it is what Volvo put on the hose. For me, this isn't an urgent mission, just thinking someone might have already solved this, but apparently not.

Clamps.jpg

You can probably also go with a legitimate T clamp, but I suspect cost could be a factor.

A lot of nice clamps showing up.

This one from Alibaba. sizes from 10 to 180 mm. Minimum order 3000. Delivery capability one million/ month.

Good-quality-of-american-spring-american-sae.jpg

Who knew these would be so obscure? I am holding out for hiperfauto to step in here and tell me he has them in stock. :cool:

Thanks fellers. Looks like time to give up.

There are many things that would work. I will just have to choose. My affection for the ones pictured is mainly for the esthetics. I like the very-low bulk look for light-duty applications like PCV and IAC hoses.

That worm clamp above looks pretty skinny. Can I get a p/n or two?

A logical guess would be 988025. Tell me the original application for the clamp and I'll look it up. 988024 is for the low pressure fuel line from the sender to the main pump.

Well, I was going to start another thread, but I can hijack my own, right?

The application is the rubber hose on an IAC. B21 N/A. But I also am looking for the proper way this unit is mounted. As I acquired it, it had two rubber bushings (left arrow in pic below), and a third mounting point with a larger hole that was occupied by just a bolt with a large washer (not present in pic) (right arrow). I have been unable to find a parts diagram to confirm if that bolt and washer is the right stuff.

IAC1.jpg

Zing!! There it is. You're the best.

I have #5. A little confused though as I don't see the other two grommets in there. You would think they would all be the same, but the unfilled hole is larger than the other two...

Now I'm confused as the parts catalog says it takes 3 of the bushing/bolt/spacers, so they should all be the same size.

Back