• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Floor Jacks bc obviously mine dies with car in air.

Those HF aluminum jacks (as I mentioned) are re-branded Arcan's with a different front wheel. A solid choice IMO.

After using my HF low profile long reach for 4-5 years... I quite enjoyed it. Only complaint being that it required finesse to lower a vehicle (and of course the seal extruding itself just now).

Anyhow... I went ahead and ordered the gee dam AC Hydraulic DK13HLQ. Pretty low. SUPER long. Can jack up like... 32" or something. Great for center lifting points on low cars which is something I see in my future. Rebuildable, and should just last forever. If it doesn't. I'll post some other rant.

I'll advise on it once it arrives from Europe in (3?) weeks.

I've bought 2 so far. They're amazing. Did you order it from Pelican Parts.

Be a little careful the first time you go to lower a car. They can drop FAST if you crank the handle too much.

I've bought 2 so far. They're amazing. Did you order it from Pelican Parts.

Be a little careful the first time you go to lower a car. They can drop FAST if you crank the handle too much.

I went through All Tire Supply actually. Just a tad cheaper. I know Pelican is their primary distro. But ATS offered me a coupon when I reached out. Same delivery times.

Good to hear the reviews.

Yup. I've only had mine since last year but it still works great apart from the rubber circle thing that came off, but that happens to all of them.

3 years on mine. Block o' wood makes satisfactory rubber replacement.

gZguMSZ.jpg

I would like if it reached just a little bit higher, but at less than 40 lbs, can't beat it.

You guys... this jack is incredible.

Nevermind my kickass lawnmower exhaust. This thing is 31" high!

I'm going to have to agree on this one. I had a HF 3 ton steel jack for a couple years. Apparently, it doesn't agree very much with lifting my truck with a diesel engine.

I've since purchased the mentioned Costco aluminum jack and it has been flawless. Much lighter and higher quality. :)

Oh man... researching jacks can make your head spin. I had a "michelin" floor jack that I bought from Sams Club for a while. When that crapped out and I learned you couldn't rebuild it I researched intensely for a couple weeks trying to decide what to replace it with. I ended up going with this American Forge and Foundry 2 ton model.

Honestly, it's worked flawlessly, and I like the low pickup... but the front two wheels are slightly uneven. This is after I returned the first one for the same reason. It's beefy and seems well-built... and it's supposedly easily rebuilt, but overall I'm not super impressed after the money I spent.

Arcan seems to make decent jacks for the money. Costco sells a 3 ton aluminum jack for 100 bucks that seems like a good buy. If I had it to do over, that's probably what I'd get.

That ride on came with the house in non working condition. Of course it was simple to fix... clean out carb and old fuel. Replace drive belts. Go.

BUT! The muffler was bad. So the damn thing was LOUD AS HELL. And I used to fly jets and props. It's loud. Plus... front exit exhaust... so even if I fixed it, I'm still driving through my smog.

Looked at the price of lawnmower muffler, looked at the price of regular muffler. Got regular, ordered a few bends, welded it (shoddily) all up so it exhausts low and away so I don't have to smell like mower exhaust when I do the lawn now. It was pretty easy TBH. Melted the headlight though lol.

I had a jack with a bad seal. I tore it down, measured the seal and bought a new one off e-bay for about $2. The jack oil cost more than the seal.

I believe I bought the 2.5 ton Harbor Freight jack because it had the best combination of the lowest start point, the highest lift and best lifting capacity.

Back